[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sacred Aryan Cow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

File: th.jpg (12KB, 294x179px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
12KB, 294x179px
Cows are not just sacred to Hindus, they are a part of all Indo-European religions. From the Greeks and Romans to the Celts and Vikings all of them worshipped and sacrificed cows. This comes from a sacred primordial cow sacrifice in Proto-Indo-European (Aryan) myth which is quite similar to the Zoroastrian Gavaevodata, the Hindu Kamadhenu also known as Surabhi (सुरभि), or the Old Norse Auðumbla. The sacrifice of the cow itself by the first three men is very similar to the sacrifice of the bull by Mithras. The divine Aryan twins have parallels in Roman (Romulus and Remus) and Anglo-Saxon (Hengest and Horsa) origin myths.

All this shows that the cow is the most important and sacred of animals.
>>
>>2951732
It was sacred for basically all ancient Eurasian cultures
>>
Yes, but the mostly the Indo-Europeans that worshiped and the cow even though all other cultures worshipped it.
>>
>>2951732

muh pastoralism muh ability to digest lactose
>>
>>2951738
No, all Mesopotamian, Egyptian, and Old European cultures worshiped it
>>
>>2951732

THE COW DID NOT BECOME SACRED UNTIL AFTER THE DEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE, BECAUSE COWS AIDED IN AGRARIAN LABOUR, THUS THEY WERE REVERED; WITH RACIAL DEGRADATION, THIS REVERENCE DEGENERATED INTO VENERATION, THEN, WITH FURTHER DEGENERATION, RITUAL BOVINE KILLING PRACTICES STARTED DEVELOPING.
>>
>>2951732
Obviously if its Aryan then it spread with the language/script (the alphabet) and mixed with the customs/traditions of those (to them) new areas.
Looks like the nobles wanted to keep the cows for themselves desu
>>
>>2951748
stop yelling
>>
>>2951748
The Brahmins used to eat cow
>>
>>2951777

READ MY POST AGAIN, AND MAYBE YOU WILL REALIZE THAT THAT IS EXPLAINED BY WHAT I POSTED.
>>
>>2951740
Yes I said that all cultures worshiped it but it was mostly Indo-European cultures that worshiped as I stated.
>>
>>2951777
The Brahmins did eat beef as well as all other Indo-European culture but the cow had to be sacrificed to the gods first before eating it.
>>
>>2951732
>muh White Godess bullshit

>>2951788
This statement is wrong and you have no way of backing ip up by anything that resembles a scientific publication that is not 100 years old.
>>
>>2951732
you just copied and pasted the description of a survive the jive video, no one actually takes that guy seriously
>>
>>2951783
Why are you still yelling? What is with you and Cattle?
>>
>>2951803
Actually it is true, here's the links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_in_religion_and_mythology
and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_society.
>>
>>2951795

1. "INDOEUROPEAN" IS NOT SYNYMOUS WITH "ARYAN".

2. ARYAN CULTURE NECESSARILY ENTAILS A VEGAN LIFESTYLE, OR AT MINIMUM, A VEGAN DIET, THEREFORE, A SOCIOCULTURE THAT CONDONES THE EATING OF FLESH IS NOT AN ARYAN SOCIOCULTURE.

3. YOU ARE MISSING THE "POINT"; THE "POINT" IS THAT THE EATING OF FLESH DID NOT BECOME A PRACTICE IN FORMERLY ARYAN SOCIETIES, UNTIL RACIAL DEGRADATION HAD CAUSED THE ETHICOMORAL, AND SOCIOCULTURAL, CORRUPTION THAT ALLOWED FOR IT.
>>
>>2951816
This is a history thread, not an international thread and I did that for historical purposes.
>>
>>2951826
Yes it is because Aryan actually is synonymous with Indo-European because Aryan means Indo-Iranian and Indo-Iranian is in the Indo-European family and its cultures. Brahmans did eat beef in-till veganism became popular in the 2nd century BCE. The practice of eating flesh has nothing to do with race or cutural things.
>>
>>2951844
>Yes it is because Aryan actually is synonymous with Indo-European

Woah, you managed to be even ore retarded than that guy
>>
>>2951844

YOU ARE IGNORANT, AND CONFUSED.
>>
>>2951854
>>2951854
No, you two are the ones that are ignorant because Aryan has many definitions because Aryan actually mean Indo-European and also noble and also Nazi misinterpretation of the Nordic groups so yes Aryan means Indo-European. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Aryan
>>
>>2951854

and you're a retarded mexican
>>
>>2951868
What a retarded fuck, out.
>>
>>2951876
He's an Arab, not a Mexican.
>>
>>2951878
Fuck you, I do know what I'm talking about. What does Aryan mean to you?
>>
>>2951889
>I do know what I'm talking about

Yu clearly don't

>What does Aryan mean to you?

Aryan is a sub branch of Indoeuropean spoken by Iranians and Indians, not all Indoeuropeans are Aryans, only a few are and they're located in the Middle East and India.

This is what Aryan means, not to just me but to anyone who knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>2951899
Yes they are and work on your grammar.

>Says the one who knows everything.
>>
>>2951920
Yes they are what?

You can't even put a coherent sentence together and you're telling me to work on my grammar?
>>
>>2951748
Can we permaban this fag?
>>
>>2951932
Aryans are Indo-Europeans, it a fact. It do know how to put a coherent sentence together.
>>
>>2951932
Can we permanently ban this faggot?
>>
>>2951977
Can you kill yourself?
>>2951951
Aryans is not a term for Indoeuropeans, it is used to refer to Indo-Aryans which is a branch of Indoeuropean speakers.
>>
>>2952019

>Implying that Indo-European does not mean Aryan when it does

Definition of Aryan- Indo-European or speakers of an Indo-European language.

Why don't we stop talking this and shut the fuck up you ignorant faggot.
>>
>>2951803
Btfo by >>2951823
>>
>>2952245
Stop posting.

I have a low toleration towards stupidity mixed with ignorance and arrogance.
>>
>>2952260
You do realize that the Indo-Aryans were from Ukraine and traveled to India and Iran meaning that the Indo-Aryans from Europe and spread across Asia.
>>
>>2951732
>Anglo-Saxon (Hengest and Horsa) origin myths
Hengest and Horsa were two real Saxon chieftains, not myths
Also, there's no such thing as an Anglo-Saxon origin myth, they were a mixture of Germanic tribes coming to England and they knew that
>>
>>2952825
You do realize that indo Aryan only refers to the Indoeuropean groups of Asia, not those of Europe?

No Indoeuropean population in Europe referred to themselves as "Aryan", neither did those in Anatolia to be precise.

Hence why Indoaryan only refers only to those populations who lived in Iran, Afghanistan and India,

I also hope you do realize that while Proto Indoeuropean was spoken by people living in Eastern Ukraine/The Northen Caucasus region, later Indoeuropean speaking populations were always a mix of those PIE speakers + the native populations whom they mixed with, hence why Iberians and Iranians are really distant genetically
>>
>>2953586
The Indo-Aryans are a branch of the Indo-Europeans and they all come from Ukraine. They migrated from Europe into India and crossbreed with the Dravidians or the natives of India. Please stop posting. I have zero tolerance for ignorant people like you.
>>
mushrooms
>>
>>2951844
>ice cream is a type of food
>thus food = icecream
>>
>>2951826
who the fuck are you
>>
>>2951783
Perhaps your post would be more easy to read if you didn't abuse caps lock in such an obnoxious way
>>
>>2951844
Aryan is Iranian. Indo-Euro refers to a language family not an ethnicity
>>
>>2951732
Makes sense OP.

The region that these supposed "proto-indo europeans" came from was a starting point for animal husbandry to spread. That's precisely what made that group of humans more successful. Eventually they would spread and replace/absorb the local inhabitants bringing their technology, in this case tending animals. This is in contrast to the agricultural groups and the hunter-gatherer groups. It's not surprising that they might have similar myths.

Interesting though that a major story in the bible is how the Jews denied God and started worshiping a golden calf, an obvious stab at IE mythology. Especially because Judaism is semetic, and not IE.
>>
>>2955820
It goes without saying that lactose tolerance and eventually horses would be huge factors in survival and proliferation of these people. Which is honestly pretty gross and biologically strange for humans to do. I don't know any other animal that drinks another animal's milk.
>>
File: 1.png (63KB, 849x460px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
63KB, 849x460px
>>
>>2955824
cats
>>
>>2954423
What a retarded fuck.

People spoke Proto Indoeuropean in Ukraine, Indo-Aryan languages branched off later.

It's like saying Spanish are straight out from Ukraine because they speak a Romance language which is Indoeuropean.

Your brain simply can't process such a simple concept, you're a lost cause.
>>
>>2955820

>The region that these supposed "proto-indo europeans" came from was a starting point for animal husbandry to spread.

Wrong.

Animal husbandry started in the Near East and spread from there.

Near Easterners in Anatolia, the Levant and Iran tamed cows, sheeps, goats, pigs and donkeys.

The only thing Protoindoeuropean people tame first were horses, and even that is debated.
>>
>the cow is the most important and sacred of animals
>in the current year
>>
>>2954423
Do you have a source that claims that the Aryans originated in Ukraine?
>>
>>2955958
Hindus consider the cow to be sacred. Other major religions don't have any sacred animal.
>>
>>2954423
And to add: your claim stems from the Kurgan hypothesis. The problem is that this model refers to Indo-Europeans, but you're making a huge leap by claiming that these people are Aryans. The only people claiming this are far right sites like Stormfront, so you probably got this jewel of fake news from /pol/?
>>
>>2956067
Its not being abused, at first it was thought that Aryan was a self designation synonymous with Proto-Indo-European. it was later discovered only Iranians were calling themselves that. I personally still use it when I don't feel like typing out pie and to trigger people on message boards
>>
>>2956813
...Like you.
>>
>The most frequent symbol which they [Vedic Indians and Avestan Iranians] have in common in their religious literature is that of the cow, the animal which for countless generations
had been the main source of their livelihood and comfort; and this symbol has the deepest significance for both peoples.
>>
>as with Mithra, the link was through Raman's epithet, since as god of the air Vayu also possessed "good pastures", the great spaces of sky in which the clouds live, the celestial "cows" whose milk is the rain.
>>
>When a libation of milk is made ... it is not something inanimate that is offered up, but the cow itself, in its liquid essence, its sap, its fertility." The same approach is found in Iran.
>>
>The cow was to them what the sheep was to the Israelites; and those who come to the Gathas with a Christian background need to transpose the imagery of cattle and herdsman into the more familiar one of sheep and the good shepherd in order to appreciate its religious impact. The Gathic imagery appears even more complex, however, than the Biblical metaphors. To Zoroaster, as to the Vedic poets, 78 the maternal, mild, beneficent cow represented the "good" animal creation upon which man's life depended; and it was also, it seems, a symbol of goodness suffering in this world from evil-as the cattle of Central Asia suffered from marauders,
driven from their green pastures along dusty ways to death. As a symbol
of what is beneficent (spanta) and in accord with asa the cow also represents the beneficent and just man, and the herd of cattle the community
of the righteous (like the "flock" of Judaeo-Christian tradition).
>>
Through the development ofthis image the righteous man in general may be termed a "herdsman" (vastrya). Thus it is asked: "How, in accordance with Asa. shall he, the herdsman, upright in deeds, obtain the cow... ?" (Y. 5r.5). "How, 0 Mazda, is he to secure the luck-bringing cow, he who desires it, provided with pasturage, to be his?" (Y. 50.2). This image admirably symbolises and summarises the Zoroastrian ethic. The actual vastrya must care for soil and water and plants, for the sake of his animals. He must therefore tend and conserve the good creations of Armaiti, Haurvatat and
Amer.~tat, as well as that of Vohu Manah himself. He cherishes rather than destroys, and needs patience and self-discipline, putting sloth behind him. He also needs courage to guard his charges against wild beasts and cattlethieves, keeping them safe in their pastures. He is in fact a "good shepherd" expressed in terms of a different culture, and thus furnishes a metaphor for the moral man.
>>
>>2951732
thanks for bringing this up. Could you look into fire worship as a facet of old Indo-European religion?

Reminder that the Vestal Virgins were tasked with attending to the sacred fire. Could this have any possible connection to the Burned House Horizon?
>>
>>2957522
>>2957527
>>2957532
>>2957540
>>2957557
Mary Boyce. A History of Zoroastrianism: The Early Period.
>>
>>2955895
>even that is debated

No, it's not even close to an uncertain issue. Where you're actually incorrect is when you assume it was proto-Indo-Europeans who domesticated horses.

Those people were strictly Indo-European. That's how recent modern horses are.
>>
>>2951732
>be proto-indo-european
>worship the cow
>be modern european
>prep the bull
what went wrong
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.