[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A couple of questions about the Hussite movement: Utraquists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: tabor.jpg (154KB, 760x559px) Image search: [Google]
tabor.jpg
154KB, 760x559px
A couple of questions about the Hussite movement:

Utraquists and Taborites. Where they originally the same and then splited or where two different factions from the beggining?

I´ve read that the taborites banned marriage but also that they allowed priest marriage, which seems an oxymoron. What was their position on marriage?
>>
>>2951516
I don't know about the marriage issue, but the two fractions you've named were an outcome of disputes among the original hussite movement, Tabirites being a lot more radical.
>>
>>2951516
"Utraquists" is another name for the whole Hussite movement.

Taborites are a specific radical branch that is tied to city Tábor, which was founded specifically to be Hussite city. Which is why it became the most radically hussite city, and Taborites became a separate branch from the rest because of their radicalism.

i know they allowed priest marriage, i'm not sure about them banning marriage, but it seems bullshit, there were smaller sects who made up their own rules, but marriage is one of the crown principles of Christianity and i don't see a reason why Hussites would ban it.
>>
May I borrow your thread for a bit op?
What was the underlying factors to the whole rebellion?
could the church have handled it any better?
>>
>>2952602
I suppose i'm too late, but the cause was basically dissatisfaction with the general states of affairs

Things were great under Charles IV. and turned shit under Venceslaus IV. (plague came, politics turned tides, Vence didn't really care about ruling) so the rebelion was just cumlination of general dissatisfaction

Church certainly could handle it better, they didn't have to burn Hus
>>
File: villain.jpg (13KB, 247x177px) Image search: [Google]
villain.jpg
13KB, 247x177px
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.