[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the point of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: lip plate.jpg (48KB, 1236x700px) Image search: [Google]
lip plate.jpg
48KB, 1236x700px
i don't get it

what advantage does it give you?
>>
>>2950720
LIP PLATES GIVE YOU NO TACTICAL ADVANTAGE WHATSOEVER
>>
it was designed to make you look so repulsive and unfit that slavers would leave you/your village alone, its a relatively recent tradition
>>
>>>/fa/
>>
>>2950732
I always hear this, but where is the source? What about cranial deformations and trepanning?
>>
File: Tekken.jpg (93KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tekken.jpg
93KB, 1024x768px
>>2950720
Disk holder
>>
>>2950732
>>2950823
I heard that actually may be a myth but would explain a lot. It's pretty extreme just to prevent slavery though.
I think i may also have just been a cultural thing to show strength in women. Rite of passage type of thing.
>>
It's an indicator of social status
>>
The only answer you will need is this,
They're Uncivilized,

and the rest of the answers here are just racist,teenage,oldfags, uneducated,ignorant fools.
>>
>>2950842
Why don't neighboring tribes do it then?
>>
>>2950720
What advantage does a wedding ring give you? Or circumcision?
>>
>>2950859
false analogy
>>
>>2950864
Is it really? What about tattoos?
>>
>>2950842
Anon it's just a local style not need to be a melodramtic bitch about it.
>>
>>2950720
It's a plate for your food that you bring everywhere
>>
>>2950859
circumcision is more aesthetic
>>
It's cuz Africans can't grow beards lmao
>>
>>2950720
It looks cool, that's why all traditions like these exist. Same reason we get tattoos and piercings.
>>
>>2950720
It's just sexay... Well according to that tribe anyway
>>
>>2950931
Sure if you like bald penises.
>>
>>2950931
The person in the OP image would probably say that lip plates are more aesthetic.
>>
>>2950720
That's pretty aesthetic. How come white cultures never did neat body modifications like this?
>>
>>2950720
It's fucking sexy
>>
>>2950720
Babes
>>
>>2951277
Dohoho I said a meme about blacks aren't I edgy!? KEKekeke
>>
>>2951092
Closest things is corsets.
>>
>>2950720
Has anyone put their dick in one of their women's flaccid lips?
>>
>>2951092
Probably occurred but died out with Neolithic Middle Easterners wiping it all out.

Stretched lobes probably existed much longer though
>>
>>2950720
>They were used outside of Africa

Why
>>
>>2950859
A wedding ring makes your status marriage public and doesn't serve as a massive physical burden so that analogy is shit.
As for circumcision it's just americans being subhuman retards as usual.
>>
>>2951592
>history board
>attributes circumsicion to Americans

Nice to see you're working to keep the quality of discourse here high
>>
>>2950955
Yeah but we just have to jerk off anon's hate boner about non-whites or certain nations/historical entities in Europe he doesn't like because that's what /his/ is for really.
>>
Can people with lip-plates talk or eat properly? It seems far too beblitiating, looks as bad as foot binding.
>>
maybe it gets you laid in african nomad society

"hey click-click-click-t'shaaaa, did yiou see click click o'chaaa new lip disc? shit is lit yo"
>>
>>2951568
A way of identifying women in areas were slavery was common. Haida were extreme slavers along with everyone else around that area and so a way of identifying women was this which later turned into a beautifier
>>
>>2950842
>They're Uncivilized
wow that is pretty racist t b h
>>
>>2951092
body mods are gross dude
>>
>>2950720
>All human activity entails a practical benefit.
Lrn to human bruh
>>
>you will never get to cum on some nubian qts lipdisk.
Why even live?
>>
>>2950720
You've never don't have a plate, plus, its right in front of your mouth, convenience at its finest
Or maybe they were ahead of the curve on hipsters with gauges
>>
File: 1495172377158.jpg (9KB, 305x299px) Image search: [Google]
1495172377158.jpg
9KB, 305x299px
How the fuck is this even possible? Wouldn't her lips be torn off? Does anyone have a video on how this process is done?
>>
>>2954381
you ever seen gauges on ears? they start out small and gradually put on bigger ones. same concept applies to the neck rings: over time they add more rings
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.