[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Stalin send his own son off to the front during WW2,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: yakov.jpg (122KB, 1100x808px) Image search: [Google]
yakov.jpg
122KB, 1100x808px
Why did Stalin send his own son off to the front during WW2, only to be captured and later killed?

Pic related - it's Yakov Stalin being captured.

Did any other war leaders like Churchill or Roosevelt send their closest relatives to fight too?
>>
>>2948722
During the Civil War many members of Lincoln's cabinet had sons or relatives die, Lincoln had his son off to war in a very safe support role.
>>
>>2948722
Well Hitlers nephew did fight in WWII, just against him lol, not sure if that counts.

Teddy Roosevelts son died in WWI after his plane was shot down, apparently the madman was surrounded by Germans after crashing his plane and shot the Officer with his sidearm before getting cut down himself. At least thats how the story goes, not sure how true it is to be honest
>>
>>2948735
There was also another Hitler's cousin that got captured by Red Army. I forgot his name but he was tortured and killed during imprisonent.
>>
>>2948722
Why did (insert name) send his own son off to the front during WW2, only to be captured and later killed?
>>
>>2948722
Stalin apparently didnt like his son very much
>>
The Germans offered to trade him for Paulus but Stalin refused, saying that he will not trade a Field-Marshal for a Lieutenant.

It was a right thing to do despite it being a bit fucked up. It was a great morale boost for common folk suffering in the war.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.