[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stealthy types

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: ninja.jpg (82KB, 459x700px) Image search: [Google]
ninja.jpg
82KB, 459x700px
Aside from ninjas, what other groups from history or legend were famous for being extremely stealthy pre-20th century? Was Japan the only culture where this was a "thing"?
>>
>>2948586
The Assassins.
>>
>>2948586
Ulfsarks
>>
Indian thugees
>>
>>2948586
Hashashin
>>
zionist groups like the black hand
>>
File: 1463167429398.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1463167429398.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>2948586
>famous for being extremely stealthy
>>
>>2948586
>ninja meme

yes, everyone had double agents and assassins and spies, this is common knowledge. There's just a mysticism surrounding the japanese kind because people assume every asshole in japan is an anime character with amazing martial arts prowess.
>>
File: woodcut.jpg (144KB, 1024x511px) Image search: [Google]
woodcut.jpg
144KB, 1024x511px
>>2949357
Ninjas had a mystique in Japan itself long before anime existed.
>>
Ghurkas and Apache
>>
spring heel jack
>>
File: hashashin blade sketch.jpg (153KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
hashashin blade sketch.jpg
153KB, 751x1063px
I read about some group that called themselves the "assassins" once before. It was a good read, apparently they started out in the middle east (known as hashashins) but soon branched out into Europe, the new world and beyond.

Apparently there was lots of "assassin" activity during the italian renaissance, golden age of piracy, and much much more. They played a large hand in the American/French revolutions. Some say they've existed since even ancient egyptian times, which I highly doubt. I subscribe to the theory that they came from the hashashin group in the middle east. I'll look for the document I found, it was a very interesting read to say the least.

In terms of technique and stealth, they were known for their superb ability to scale walls/structures as well as combat skill. The original hashashins invented a blade (pic related) attached to the arm that required the removal of the ring finger. This became a ritual, even after the blade was modified to keep the finger. It symbolized commitment to their order.

You don't hear much about them nowadays. Some nuts say they're still a thing, which I highly doubt in the modern age with guns and stuff. Who knows really.
>>
Afghan ambushes
You do not wanna go into those fucking mountains
>>
>>2948586
Italians winning
>>
The Russian Plastuni(Плacтyны)
The PLastuni consisted of short men who were good at shooting and had good endurance. Many of them were cossacks. They played an important role in the Crimean war and WWI even though their regiments were relatively small. Their job was disrupting enemy communications and killing key officers.
>>
>>2950316

Sounds cool, I want a movie out of this.
>>
>>2948586
>wants a serious discussion about ninja/shinobi
>posts unrealistic meme depictions based on kabuki theater reenactments
Why would a an order trying to make themselves be stealthy dress so strangely wouldn't it be best to just dress like a normal person and idk, blend in completely?
>>
>>2950850
>Why would a an order

>"ninjas"
>an order of any kind
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.