[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Russia be better if the Soviet Union never fell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1497365124613.jpg (44KB, 562x588px) Image search: [Google]
1497365124613.jpg
44KB, 562x588px
Would Russia be better if the Soviet Union never fell?
>>
>>2948278
You mean if it peacefully transitioned into, a... well i hesitate to call it a market economy because it's not quite like that in Russia and Ukraine right now, BUT held territorial integrity?
Yes, yes it would be. And yes, that's what Putin means when he says that the fall of the USSR is a tragedy, not the fall of communism, but the fall of Russia as a geopolitical giant.
>>
Russia is an aggressive shithole exporting only misery and death. Every time it shrinks is a good day for normal people.
>>
All Russia's problems originate in the mongol invasion
Argue me
>>
Objectively yes
>>
>>2948294
>geopolitical giant.
take its nukes and it would be irrelevant shithole
>>
>>2948278
No. With population of Central Asia republics of 66 m (forecast to be 100m by 2050) USSR will eventually become predominantly Muslim and Asian country. Just like USA will become Hispanic country. Losing Ukraine was painful though.
>>
>>2948317
The Mongol invasion is a myth retard
>>
>>2948331
that would apply to literally every country with nucular weapons
>>
>>2948317
Mongol invasion was in 13 century. While it was very destructive, the country could have been rebuilt in 50-100 years. The yoke was a joke - Tatars didn't settle on Russian territories neither ruled them directly. They obviously didn't forbid Russians to develop arts and sciences. Their presence arguable was even beneficial for Russia - they covered it from East and were ready to help against any invasions from the West.

Russian problems were that it was remote from any sources of culture, from trade routes and centres of civilisation. Their only neighbors were Poles for chrissake, surely that turned them away from any exploits of Western developments.
>>
Russia is an amorphous, undefined geopolitical unit, doomed to instability and aggression for as long as it doesn't control Ukraine. The Soviet Union provided stability and certainty.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.