[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fall of Rome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Lots of people say it was caused by the fall of morals of Romans, rise of decadence etc. I know it was actually combination of more things, but i curious if there are any parallels between then and now. Are there any contemporary works specifically complaining about this?
>>
>I know it was actually combination of more things
You were there?
>>
WRE fell because it couldn't stop having civil wars.

It was the only reason, unless modern society is plagued with civil war and I've not noticed then we're fine.
>>
>>2946965
>Lots of people say it was caused by the fall of morals of Romans, rise of decadence etc.
Thats a fun way to spell Christianity. Romans becoming softy christcucks is what caused the empire to fold.
>>
>>2946982
And yet, the more intensely Christian part of the Empire survived for 1000 years after the more Pagan part

Really makes you think
>>
>>2946979
When Roman empire fell apart on WRE and ERE it was already too late, i am talking about the years before the falling apart
>>
Vegetius complains about the decline of the Roman Army but we now know that he was talking a huge load of shit and the army was actually far larger and more effective than it ever had been

>Lots of people say it was caused by the fall of morals of Romans, rise of decadence etc.
On the contrary, the late Roman Empire was probably the most conservative it had ever been since Augustus.

In the Late Roman Empire, in contrary to the earlier Empire:
Adultery was punishable by death for both men and women
The right for private citizens to bear arms was enshrined in law
Monuments to the Roman past were given special protected status
Aristocratic women were required by law to marry and have children
Dowry fraud, whereby influential people would move wealth around by having sham weddings, was made illegal and the dowry was confiscated by the state
Corrupt magistrates had their wealth confiscated and their families and servants would be whipped and have their hands amputated

You can accuse the Late Romans of a lot of things but being immoral or decadent isn't one of them.
>>
File: fTUwfod.jpg (21KB, 350x287px) Image search: [Google]
fTUwfod.jpg
21KB, 350x287px
>>2946965
over production of elites leading to ossified society.

see, turcher, tainter, et all.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.