[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would the UK be like today if the Boleyn sisters never happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

What would the UK be like today if the Boleyn sisters never happened?
>>
>>2945622
England would still be swept up by the Reformation. Too many political enemies were staunch Catholics for the more pragmatic monarchs to avoid the alternative that Protestantism gave them.
>>
>>2945628
Plus the memory of the Wars of the Roses meant that Henry VIII desperately wanted a son no matter what.
>>
>>2945678
Yet he never got one. Really makes you think.
>>
File: 800px-King_Edward_V_from_NPG.jpg (212KB, 800x1026px) Image search: [Google]
800px-King_Edward_V_from_NPG.jpg
212KB, 800x1026px
>>2945757
wut
>>
>>2945757
Read a book retard, he had a son Edward VI
>>
>>2945760
>>2945761
I think anon was trying to say he never got a male heir, a male who succeeded the throne after him. In the end it was a girl.
>>
>>2945793
But Edward VI did succeed his father....
>>
>>2945801
Yes but after his death it was ultimately Elizabeth who became the active ruler of England.
>>
>>2945851
And after Elizabeth's death it was James. That's how succession works.
>>
>>2945851
Lmao wrong again. Mary Tudor followed Edward, dummy. Also for all Henry knew he succeeded as his son outlived him bu six years and was already headed to tale the throne before dying.
>>
>>2945922
But a better way to put it is henry failed to propagate a line descended directly from him. However James I was a descendant of VIIIs aunt so the tudor genetics lived on so to speak
>>
>>2945922
His mission ultimately failed in the long run though.
>>
Can we just agree that Mary was the only good Tudor? If only she hadn't been disinherited, she would've gotten married and would've stood a better chance.
>>
>>2946531
I only like her because I like to imagine a world where the Hapsburgs control Austria, Spain, the low countries and England.

The Irish would probably have been less chimps too.
>>
You think they ever lezzed out with each other?
>>
>>2945622

Probably not much different. Henry would've found some other bint to bugger. He had a chip on his shoulder about Catherine of Aragon and his brother long before Anne was on the scene.
>>
>>2945622
what would modern day New York be like if a fly didnt land on Sun Tzu's nose during grade school?
>>
>>2946802
It would have less Chinese people.
>>
>>2946742
I was thinking this just now as well
>>
>Plebeian
Henry, Somerset, Norfolk, Catherine of Aragon
>Contrarian
Anne of Cleaves, Mary I, Edward VI, Cranmer, Wolsey, Howard, Robert Cecil
>Patrician
Cromwell, More, Suffolk, Dudley, Boelyn, Jane Seymour, Parr, Burghley, Elizabeth I

Prove me wrong
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.