[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was better and why? No memes or propaganda, post peer-reviewed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 7y2ihcnc473z.jpg (203KB, 1018x1280px) Image search: [Google]
7y2ihcnc473z.jpg
203KB, 1018x1280px
Who was better and why?

No memes or propaganda, post peer-reviewed material
>>
How are those can of shirts called? I really like them
>>
>>2945205
Autism jackets
>>
>>2945205
kind* I don't know why I wrote can
>>
>>2945189
Based on the results, definetily the left one
>>
>>2945205
I always wanted to ask this question. Why have communists always weared this kind of clothes?
>>
>>2945205
a mao suit, or chinese tunic shirt

I found some here
http://www.chineseclothingonline.com/index.php?cPath=5_310_151&name=Mao+Jackets+%7C+Zhongshan+Zhuang+%7C+Chinese+Tunic+Jackets
>>
>>2945230
it's the sort of thing a factory worker would wear to work at the turn of the 20th century
>>
>>2945230
they were actually designed by Sun Yat Sen as an attempt to create a style of dress that would make them look acceptable to westerners, but also combined traditional chinese clothing. Mao and Chiang both used them to show their connection to Sun. Additionally Mao liked them because they were unisex, so having women wear them too fit into his propaganda of having brought sexual equality to China.
>>
File: stalin_lenin.jpg (32KB, 420x380px) Image search: [Google]
stalin_lenin.jpg
32KB, 420x380px
>>2945232
>>2945240
>>2945246
But aren't they kind of like the ones Stalin uses? I always thought they were sort of cosplaying as him, even Castro's shirt looks like that
>>
>everyone discusses their clothes instead of the actual subject
>>
>>2945265
Stalin and Castro came after the time of Sun Yat Sen, he designed that type of clothing and others adopted it from him.
>>
>>2945294
they were both complete fuckups who led China from one disaster to another
>>
>>2945296
oh, thanks anon
>>
File: Zhongshan Suit.jpg (28KB, 350x493px) Image search: [Google]
Zhongshan Suit.jpg
28KB, 350x493px
>>2945205
Zhongshan Suits.

Erroneously called Mao suits. The thing was basically made popular by Sun Yat-sen, and was a mark of a modern Chinese official.
>>
>>2945205
中山装
>>
>>2945321
contd.

It also came with a specific haircut: the republican comb-over.
>>
Which is better /his/ AIDS or Ebola?
If i had to choose the one on the left
>>
>>2945321
Man, I want to have one of those so bad but I'd feel like the Chinese equivalent of a white guy wearing a Che Guevera t-shirt while holding a Starbucks latte in one hand and his iphone in the other.
>>
>>2945230
>>2945205
The French Jacket (actually from England) was popular in much of Europe during the 1920s, 30s, and 40s. Third-world leaders emerging out of European traditions often used it as well.
>>
>>2945228
>the nationalists got BTFO even with American support and fled to a shitty island
>The communists won and built the second largest economy in the World despite having everything stacked against them

You mean the right one?
>>
>>2945328
Huh interesting
>>
>>2945189
Chiang Kai-Shek was a corrupt and incompetent self-promoter.

Mao was brutal but he actually helped China. Shame he didn't die in the 60s.
>>
>>2946447
THANK YOU USA FOR KILLING HIS SON IN KOREA. That little conceited bitch wanted to each good food so the idiot lit a fire despite his comrades protests. Because of his idiocy China was spared another Mao and they could progress.
>>
>>2946523
BTW. The US planes found the bastard and napalmed him. Thx.
>>
>>2945933
think of it as mocking their legacy, unless you're unironically a communist
>>
>>2946391

I'd much rather live in Taiwan (aka Best China) than in PRC (aka "5000 years of hurt feelings" China), but yeah, Mao was the more competent one of the two.
>>
>>2946391
Mao didnt create the second largest economy, his successors did
All he did was win the war and kill hundreds of millions of people
>>
>>2945189
Mao because he won.

Better poet too.
>>
>>2945228
What results? Losing the civil war and running a US puppet banana dictatorship?

Chiang proved utterly incapable of running China. His only result was failure.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.