[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it actually that common for nobility to bed the maid/stableboy/whatever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Edwardian-maids.jpg (82KB, 315x371px) Image search: [Google]
Edwardian-maids.jpg
82KB, 315x371px
Was it actually that common for nobility to bed the maid/stableboy/whatever? It comes up pretty often in fiction, but I rarely, if ever, see it come up in historical documents.

It seems to me it could go in either direction. Frowned upon generally, because nobles are essentially wasting their time on lowborns, but at the same time people in power have a tendency to not care so long as said power isn't threatened. Biggest issue I could see is the potential to disrupt a marriage, and thus a political alliance, unless both lord and lady did it and just didn't care (which wouldn't be too surprising, considering they were almost always arranged marriage.

If it was fairly common, were the cases usually consensual ("part of the job")? Did ladies partake as much as lords?
>>
File: IMG_1092.jpg (24KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1092.jpg
24KB, 315x315px
Women? Fuck no. They usually went for their guards or higher ranking military officers if EVER.

Young men would often enjoy the sensual delights of comely maids, but as they grew older they'd have a steady series of more classy mistresses and courtesans. Monogamy was seen as being for chumps and poorfags. One Roman senator was actually ridiculed by his colleagues for being genuinely in love with his wife and refusing to cheat on her.

Young men were virile creatures expected to go chase women. Older men needed at least two women: a wife to manage his household affairs and bear legitimate children, and a mistress for love & sexual gratification.
>>
In my country is very common to have "maids". Even for the poor or middle class. I think is something that came from the past.
>>
>>2943713
Yeah of course, they fucked them silly.
Heck, even today that's very common. Young rich boys in Iberian countries tend to fuck they maid when they get in age. Lot's of Mucama/sirvientas/barragans had illegitimate bastards than lived more or less close with the official sons, if the wife got pissy about it you sended her and the kid to the village and pased them some almoiny or whatever. How do you think so few men spreaded they genes so much? Rape babies is a silly concept, they would be killed be the mothers or mostly die of disaes like any kid in those ages.
>>
>>2943752
>>2943807
Yeah, I kinda figured it was at least somewhat prolific, given a mixture of power plus being stuck with a lord/lady you most likely have no interest in beyond what their family can give to yours. So instead, they get a mistress/fuccboi/whatever that they're actually interested I'm, either physically or maybe even romantically, in order to exercise the passion they likely lack in their marriage.
>>
>>2943752
>>2943889
Women in Roman times loved gladiators. They were the Chads of their time.
>>
>>2943889
>fuccboi

I want reddit to leave.
>>
>>2943996
>Not originally a 4chan phrase
>>
>If it was fairly common, were the cases usually consensual ("part of the job")?

It's difficult to say it was consensual in all such cases because if you were a maid and your master wanted to fuck you, he could turn you out (or worse, if he was vindictive, destroy your reputation and therefore your ability to be employed) if you refused. So it may not have been a violent act but being coerced into sex because your master is in a position of social and financial power over you isn't really consensual either.

>but I rarely, if ever, see it come up in historical documents.

It's one of those things that really isn't going to show up in most historical documents, because most men aren't going to write something as blatant as "Today I fucked the maid" in letters.
>>
>>2943996
>the occasional post from a redditor
>246,182,194,763 "go back to plebbit reeee" posts every fucking day
Guess which is more annoying?

t. dude who doesn't have a reddit account, so don't fucking start with me.
>>
>>2946385
>t. dude who

And there you go again.
246 trillion gb2p posts can never be more harmful than 246 trillion different kinds of pleddit-posting.
>>
>>2943713
>Was it actually that common for nobility to bed the maid/stableboy/whatever?
There's no way of knowing, any conclusions you draw are entirely the result of your own biases regarding history.
>>
>>2943752
>Young men would often enjoy the sensual delights of comely maids,
I can smell your cheesy stench from here neckbeard.
>>
>>2946449
lost it hard
>>
>>2946449
How about you actually try to prove him wrong rather then just throw around insults like an imbecilic chimp?
>>
>>2946479
>prove him wrong
"____ prove me wrong" only works if you're OP newfag, and even then it don't actually work.
>>
>>2946479
>imbecilic
cheesy stench intensifies
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.