[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was russias problem???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

>As the Ensign marched forward, bearing the eagle and the flag, those grizzled warriors, says Caulaincourt, who many a time had watched unflinching while their own blood trickled from wounds, could not now restrain their tears. They cried openly. Tears too came to the eyes of the British, Austrian, and Prussian commissioners; only the Russian seemed unaffected
>>
>>2941639
What's going on here?
>>
>>2941650
Napoleon abdicating, I think.
>>
The difference is in that Russians are Asiatic savages
>>
>why didn't the Russians feel bad for someone who invaded their country
Really makes you think
>>
>>2941650
napoleons first abdication
>>
>>2941639
They don't weep for the weak.
>>
>>2941669
LOL most of Russian high ranking officers weren't ethnically Russian.
>>
>>2941639
russians are cold hearted motherfuckers
>>
Where have you got this quote from lad?

This is probably slav hatred, regardless there could be some truth to it. The Russian delegation might just have been more stoic, un-apologetically masculine - even if it appeared less civilized and magnanimous.
Characters in War and Peace aside, I suspect, given the events immediately preceding his first abdication, it was noticeably less fashionable for Russians to view Napoleon sympathetically than in the UK, Austria or even Prussia.

>>2942575
People often forget this, the Tsar's father was actually assassinated by a cabal of largely foreign officers, conspirators included:
> Half-Spanish, half-Neapolitan (actually Irish) adventurer Admiral Ribas.
> Georgian noble, prince & Russian general Vladimir Mikhailovich Yashvil
> Hanoverian devotee to Alexander - August von Bennigsen
While it's true that a large proportion of the officers and indeed nobility were ethnically not Russian, accounts often don't make that distinction. I don't know what the source of this quote it seems a bit sensationalist.
>>
>>2942575
Thats because ethnic russians are too stupid for the job
>>
>>2941753
austrians and english and prussians had the foresight to recognize the historical significance and the heart to recognize the honour (england wasnt invaded but very involved still)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.