[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is historical revisionism ever ok?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 10051515151515.png (886KB, 922x609px) Image search: [Google]
10051515151515.png
886KB, 922x609px
Is historical revisionism ever ok?
>>
Perhaps.

Imagine attempting to apply a theory such as Darwinianism to religious texts. It isn't wrong, as many religious texts are considered living nature. I see nothing wrong with that, per se.

Problems can occur if you apply certain ideas, such as historical materialism, to places like Far East. It just doesn't work. I suppose applying a materialist structure onto an immaterial thing is tricky.
>>
>>2940402
Yes. Historical revision happens all the time with the development of new ideas, with the discovery of new sources, with new research, etc. This meme definition of historical revisionism as negative meddling with history by SJWs vua pop culture pushed as a talking point by radio commentators and column writers bears about as much resemblance to the correct historiographical use of the term as TVtropes' definition of trope.
>>
>>2940402
I don't see anything wrong in the pic
Egyptians looks Egyptian, not Levantine
>>
>>2940414
How can you not apply historical materialism to the far east?
>>
>>2940402
When we discover new evidence about the past, we must revise our understanding of it. That definition is correct. What we should not do is alter the facts to suit an agenda.
>>
The ancient Egyptians referred to a region, located south of the third
cataract of the Nile River, in which the Nubians dwelt, as Kush, most often
in the phrase “vile Kush” or “wretched Kush.” Within such a context, this
phrase is not a racial slur. Throughout the history of ancient Egypt there are
numerous, well-documented instances that celebrate Nubian–Egyptian
marriages.

A study of these documents, particularly those dated to both the Egyptian New Kingdom (after 1550 B.C.E.) and to Dynasty XXV and early Dynasty XXVI (about 720–640 B.C.E.), reveals that neither spouse nor any of the children of such unions suffered discrimination at the hands of the ancient Egyptians.

Indeed, such marriages were never an obstacle to social, economic, or political status, provided the individuals concerned, conformed to generally accepted Egyptian social standards. Furthermore, at times, certain Nubian practices, such as tattooing for women and the unisex fashion of wearing earrings, were wholeheartedly embraced by the ancient Egyptians

Page 27 - Daily life of Nubians.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.