[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Hello... and welcome to the History of Rome"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: American_Podcaster_Mike_Duncan.png (83KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
American_Podcaster_Mike_Duncan.png
83KB, 220x220px
>"Hello... and welcome to the History of Rome"
>>
I thought the episode he did on child sex abuse was in poor taste tbqh
>>
pretty unlistenable, I've tried at least 4 times to get into it.
>>
>>2937871
Hello, do you have time to talk about Casper mattresses?
>>
>>2937871
>*mellow guitar riff*
>>
File: Dan-Carlin4.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dan-Carlin4.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
AGEEN
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (146KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
146KB, 600x600px
AND AGEEN
>>
I liked it. Listened to the whole thing over the course of last month. Guy does his homework, makes reasonable analyses, and admits his errors. He also has flashes of humor that liven things up.
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
AND AGEEN!
>>
>>2938163
this, his delivery is absolutely fucking sheepish >>2938650
infinitely better
>>
Poor delivery, but I'm listening through it now because it's good enough if you want to know more of the era and people.
>>
>>2938713

He's a bit more subdued but he's comfy to listen to, and he finds his footing after a while.
>>
File: 1497184573767.jpg (191KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
1497184573767.jpg
191KB, 800x565px
>>2938163
Mike is patrician tier.Sucks to have shit taste and a limited mental capacity. Brainlet.
>>
Love the occasional nerdy quip
>>
>>2938559
>ywn shave with Harry's razors while watching your kids jump around on your new Casper mattress
>>
>>2938713
His delivery is nice and straightforward, not pointlessly bombastic. Also nice sound quality. Sets him apart from most podcasters and I greatly prefer it.

>>2938879
Re-listening to it. Just went through Constantius II and for whatever reason I got a nice laugh out of every instance of "Ooh, that sneaky Constantius..." or variations thereof.
>>
File: 1471807372164.png (267KB, 524x601px) Image search: [Google]
1471807372164.png
267KB, 524x601px
>Goodbye - this has been... the history of Rome
>>
File: IMG_9829.jpg (673KB, 1280x984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9829.jpg
673KB, 1280x984px
>TFW No podcast series on the Diadochoi/Hellenistic Period
Feels bad man
>>
>>2939179
I have been thinking of making one. It seems like one of the major eras of history that is overlooked, but I am not nearly knowledgeable enough about the period to do it justice. I think it could be fun to begin with setting out the basics of late-greek civilization, then leading in to a backdrop for Phillip of Macedon, before doing a good number of episodes on Alexander. You could then split off to cover each of the Diadochi in turn, covering each one for a period of a decade or two before moving on to the next one, with some added narrative descriptions of interactions from certain perspectives. I think it could be a really interesting thing to produce, if only I knew more about the period. I know the basics, the broad strokes of Alexander's Campaigns, The Succession of the Diadochi, and the eventual rise of the Parthians in the East and the Romans in the West, but I imagine I'd really need to hone in to specifics for it to do the immense complexity of the time period justice.
>>
>>2940371
go for it. I'd prolly listen to it
>>
I need to find a decent historiography, and to find decent texts concerning the various periods discussed. I'd probably want to start with a description of Macedon after the death of Amyntas, and then move on to introduce the state of Greece via the rise of Phillip.
>>
>>2940398
I'd do a quick run through of mainland Greece first and then focus in on Macedonia, slowing down around the beginning of Phillip's reign
>>
>>2940371
Give it a shot. Although there's the History of Ancient Greece who's supposed to eventually cover Greece all the way up to the Roman conquests, which means he'd probably cover this period eventually.
>>
File: 1464224949907.jpg (69KB, 600x703px) Image search: [Google]
1464224949907.jpg
69KB, 600x703px
>>2938646
more like
>lazily picking up and down a single chord
>>
>>2938655
>he was quoted as saying..."THE MONGOL HORDE CAME FROM NOWHERE!!!!"...en-ndd quote."
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.