[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humans 100K Years Older

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: Jebel_Irhoud_1._Homo_Sapiens.jpg (1MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Jebel_Irhoud_1._Homo_Sapiens.jpg
1MB, 2048x1360px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jebel_Irhoud

Jebel Irhoud or Adrar Ighud (Moroccan Arabic: جبل إيغود, translit.žbəl iġud; Berber: ⴰⴷⵔⴰⵔ ⵏ ⵉⵖⵓⴷ adrar n iɣud) is an archaeological site located near Sidi Moktar, about 100km (60mi) west of Marrakesh, Morocco. It is noted for the hominidae fossils that have been found there since the site's discovery in 1960. Originally thought to be Neanderthals, the specimens have since been assigned to Homo sapiens and have been dated to over 300,000 years old. If correct, this would make them the oldest known fossil remains of Homo sapiens.

This conclusion was confirmed by recalculating the age of the Irhoud 3 mandible, which produced an age range compatible with that of the tools at roughly 280,000 to 350,000 years old. This would make the remains the earliest known examples of Homo sapiens.

This suggests that, rather than arising in East Africa around 200,000 years ago, modern humans may already have been present across the length of Africa 100,000 years earlier.
>>
>>2937162
>Originally thought to be Neanderthals,
We breed with them and they are homo sapiens. I thought this was common knowledge.
>>
File: 1489672604789.jpg (108KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1489672604789.jpg
108KB, 680x680px
>>2937162
Yeah, heard about this, although anyone could infer this, due to the age of neandertal, who's H. sapiens.

Honestly, I think sapiens should be ballooned to include Heidelbergensis and up. I think too much of our classification of Homo species is based in old science, specifically the Morphological conception of what makes a species

Also, anime
>>
>>2937162
My ancestor :)
>>
>>2937162
>that brow ridge
How can they distinguish that skull from that of neanderthal. Does it have a smaller cranium size (neanderthals have larger craniums iirc).
>>
File: 1490256468425.jpg (8KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
1490256468425.jpg
8KB, 248x233px
>>2937202
Neandertal is sapiens
>>
File: Multi-Regional Theory.jpg (33KB, 360x272px) Image search: [Google]
Multi-Regional Theory.jpg
33KB, 360x272px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiregional_origin_of_modern_humans
>>
>>2937243
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2937254
>alternatives to a discredit theory belong on /pol/.
>>
File: 6 (2).jpg (369KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
6 (2).jpg
369KB, 1920x2160px
>>2937257
>discredit
When was this?
>>
>>2937263
Well, it's a mixture of both with modern discoveries.
Neanderthal being shown to be sapiens evinces that sapiens begins with Heidelbergensis who diversified both in and outside of Africa into the three modern lineages of sapiens that would later coalesce into a hybrid population outside of Africa, while one lineage remained exclusively African.
>>
File: Out Of Africa.jpg (60KB, 380x549px) Image search: [Google]
Out Of Africa.jpg
60KB, 380x549px
>>2937254

Yes, because it makes far more sense that each and every one of all these different hominids kept evolving in Africa and ONLY in Africa and each one died out, only to be replaced by another hominid that evolved ONLY in Africa and spread throughout the world only to die out itself, until modern humans evolved ONLY in Africa and spread throughout the world...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.