[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most unfair trials in history. Post them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 21

File: Nuremberg.jpg (44KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
Nuremberg.jpg
44KB, 500x340px
Most unfair trials in history.
Post them.
>>
File: saddam2.jpg (19KB, 474x281px) Image search: [Google]
saddam2.jpg
19KB, 474x281px
>>
imagine being one of the 7 nazi leaders that the tribunal decided were exactly bad enough to imprison instead of execute or acquit. It's a pretty weird idea
>>
File: Joan of Arc.jpg (9KB, 145x180px) Image search: [Google]
Joan of Arc.jpg
9KB, 145x180px
>>2933351
>>
File: nuremberg_trial.jpg (1MB, 3636x2359px) Image search: [Google]
nuremberg_trial.jpg
1MB, 3636x2359px
>>2933351

>muh Nuremberg

They were lucky to even get trials. Let alone non-show trials where the judges had to actually acquit most of them of at least one charge (only six were found guilty on all four counts, three were acquitted altogether).
>>
>>2933396
this
look at the other trials after the first ones. They were all exceedingly fair and everyone who was innocent went free
>>
File: 1495451606675.jpg (32KB, 359x384px) Image search: [Google]
1495451606675.jpg
32KB, 359x384px
>>2933396
>>
>>2933396
>lucky to even get trials
Not a nazi-boo but you can fuck right off
>>
>>2933415
>not a nazi but they leadership of Germany totally deserved to be let go haha
>>
File: hess.jpg (17KB, 336x481px) Image search: [Google]
hess.jpg
17KB, 336x481px
>>2933396
LARPing namefag gtfo

>Hess came to this country in 1941 as an ambassador of peace. He came with the ... intention of restoring peace between Great Britain and Germany. He acted in good faith. He fell into our hands and was quite unjustly treated as a prisoner of war. After the war, we should have released him. Instead, the British government of the time delivered him for sentencing to the International Tribunal at Nuremberg ... No crime has ever been proved against Hess ... As far as the records show, he was never at even one of the secret discussions at which Hitler explained his war plans.

-British historian A.J.P. Taylor
>>
>>2933434
>deputy furher
>no proof that he was at one of the secret discussions
really makes you think doesn't it?
>>
>>2933437
>no proof

Burden is on you. B U T if you were a true /his/torian you would have known that Hess was increasingly pushed out by Bormann and had little to do with planning up to the point he was sent to sue for peace.
>>
>>2933442
>he was sent to sue for peace.
no proof he was SENT either
>>
>>2933443
Burden is on you N I G G E R
>>
Mary Surratt charged with conspiring to kill Lincoln.
>>
>>2933434
He was quite clearly mentally ill
>>
>>2933445
>the burden of proof is on me to say that something happened
>the burden of proof is also on me to say that something didn't happen
wew lad
>>
>>2933449
>speculating without proof

W E W F A G

>The archives of the Third Reich and the depositions and accounts of its leaders make possible a reconstruction, down to the last detail, of the origin and development of the plans for aggression, the military campaigns, and the whole array of procedures by which the Nazis intended to reshape the world to their liking. Only the campaign to exterminate the Jews, as regards its conception as well as many other essential aspects, remains shrouded in darkness.

-Jewish historian Léon Poliakov

The irony is despite his stating this he was the man who memed the 6 million figure into life.
>>
>>2933454
You mentioned someone sent to sue for peace. They asked for information, and then you said the burden of proof was on that poster. That's not how that works. If you have a source, just link it man.
>>
>>2933454
>Before his departure from Germany, Hess had given his adjutant, Karlheinz Pintsch, a letter addressed to Hitler that detailed his intentions to open peace negotiations with the British. Pintsch delivered the letter to Hitler at the Berghof around noon on 11 May.[70] Albert Speer later said Hitler described Hess's departure as one of the worst personal blows of his life, as he considered it a personal betrayal.[71] Hitler worried that his allies, Italy and Japan, would perceive Hess's act as an attempt by Hitler to secretly open peace negotiations with the British. For this reason, Hitler ordered that the German press should characterise Hess as a madman who made the decision to fly to Scotland entirely on his own, without Hitler's knowledge or authority. Some members of the government, including Göring and Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels, believed this only made matters worse, because if Hess truly were mentally ill, he should not have been holding an important government position. Hitler stripped Hess of all of his party and state offices, and secretly ordered him shot on sight if he ever returned to Germany. He abolished the post of Deputy Führer, assigning Hess's former duties to Bormann, with the title of Head of the Party Chancellery.[72][73] Hitler initiated Aktion Hess, a flurry of hundreds of arrests of astrologers, faith healers and occultists that took place around 9 June. The campaign was part of a propaganda effort by Goebbels and others to denigrate Hess and to make scapegoats of occult practitioners.[74]
definitely sounds like the actions of someone who was aware of his plans right?
>>
>>2933464
I'm somewhat sure Speer had his life spared after cutting a deal to defame his old comrades- as Reich Minister of Armaments and War Production and Chief Architect he would have undoubtedly seen any plans for a concentration camp or labor camp involved in war production- and yet his denial of such knowledge was believed whereas men like Goering who were not complicit in any obvious manner were convicted. Personally I distrust his testimonies.

Secondly Hitler not seeking an alliance with Britain goes against Hitler's vocal opinions of the British as fellow Aryans and his past attempts at creating an alliance. I know this is speculation as well but he probably was waiting to hear anything positive- but upon finding the British had secretly imprisoned Hess had to denounce him.

Also that bit at the end- the Aktion Hess part, wasn't documented by any historian but two Jewish screenwriters turned "documenters"

THAT SAID, all this just proves Hess' innocence even more.
>>
>>2933351
The trial of captain Charles McVay of the USS Indianapolis. He definitely didn't deserve what he got.
>>
>>2933351
Lindbergh murder trial. The guy (Richard Hauptmann) was railroaded from the start. Although he probably had some connection to the kidnapping, there is no evidence he killed the baby. Guy was pretty low IQ though, so he was an easy scapegoat.

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were also shafted. Although they WERE spies and deserved jail time or something, they were hastily executed in a very marred investigation and trial.
>>
>>2933490
>Hitler's vocal opinions of the British as fellow Aryans and his past attempts at creating an alliance
This is what Hitler said after Munich.
>Our opponents are like little worms -- I saw them all at Munich!
He probably lost a lot of respect for Britain after this.
>>
File: stepinac-suđenje.jpg (36KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
stepinac-suđenje.jpg
36KB, 660x330px
>>
>>2933490
>I'm somewhat sure Speer had his life spared after cutting a deal to defame his old comrades- as Reich Minister of Armaments and War Production and Chief Architect he would have undoubtedly seen any plans for a concentration camp or labor camp involved in war production- and yet his denial of such knowledge was believed whereas men like Goering who were not complicit in any obvious manner were convicted. Personally I distrust his testimonies.
Speer was convicted of the second two charges at Nuremburg, meaning they either didn't believe his testimony about the camps, or thought his ignorance was irrelevant to his actions as minister. He was only found innocent of conspiring to start the wars in the first place

>
Secondly Hitler not seeking an alliance with Britain goes against Hitler's vocal opinions of the British as fellow Aryans and his past attempts at creating an alliance.
Hitler said that everyone he wanted an alliance with were Aryans. He considered the Chinese to be Aryans until the Marco Polo Bridge attack. Furthermore, the nazis were notorious at that point for breaking treaties, so any overtures he made toward peace are irrelevant, just as likely a feint to remove western pressure as a genuine desire for peace

> I know this is speculation as well but he probably was waiting to hear anything positive- but upon finding the British had secretly imprisoned Hess had to denounce him.
this is possible but I don't believe it

>Also that bit at the end- the Aktion Hess part, wasn't documented by any historian but two Jewish screenwriters turned "documenters"
fair enough, I just copied a block of text from Wikipedia

>THAT SAID, all this just proves Hess' innocence even more.
not really. deserting the Reich 2 years after the war started in no way indicates that he didn't conspire to start it, especially if I'm wrong and Hitler actually did want peace
>>
File: radola gajda proces.png (2MB, 1596x786px) Image search: [Google]
radola gajda proces.png
2MB, 1596x786px
>>2933351
>>
File: commies.jpg (51KB, 920x589px) Image search: [Google]
commies.jpg
51KB, 920x589px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmalvvvve5E
>>
>>2933504
>Although they WERE spies and deserved jail time or something, they were hastily executed in a very marred investigation and trial.

No.
>>
>>2933504
the Rosenbergs deserve the worst possible fate they could have gotten. Fuck them and fuck you
>>
>>2933351
They should shot all of these assholes without trial.

Polish underground leaders (who were fighting Nazi from start even when Soviets were allies with Nazis) were arested by Communist "liberators" and put on trials for colaboration with Nazis and west even didn't care about this and you /pol/tards only whine about muh unfair NUremberg.
>>
>>2933623
>>2933630
They were executed in the atmosphere of hysteria around the Korean War and A-bombs. They were certainly guilty of espionage, but the importance of the 'secrets' they handed off was inflated. The Soviets weren't that far behind. The judge and prosecutors were clearly working closely together, too. It's a clear example of a politically motivated show trial, even if they were commie dirtbags.
>>
>>2933639
I agree with this kurwa
>>
>>2933434
Hess was a staunch supporter of Hitler. He said in one of his speeches "HITLER IST DEUTSCHLAND, DEUTSCHLAND IST HITLER". This was probably why they hated him.
>>
>>2933719
>the process to enrich uranium and diagrams of implosion bombs aren't important
the Rosenbergs and everyone they recruited should have been hanged
>>
>>2933415
no you fuck off naziboo

you think they would be as merciful if they won?
>>
File: frog trial.jpg (378KB, 740x543px) Image search: [Google]
frog trial.jpg
378KB, 740x543px
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arginusae#Trial_of_the_generals
>>
>>2933454
>memed the 6 million figure

The 6 million figure is adding up all the different censuses. I mean Lithuania had over 95% of their Jews die. 95 fucking percent.
>>
>>
>>2933358
The Spandau Seven had a really interesting dynamic. von Neurath was well liked across the board. Dönitz and Raeder hated each other because each blamed the other's part of the navy for losing the war, but because they were good naval officers they always stood by each other. von Schirach and Funk were good friends but kept aloof from the rest. Nobody liked Speer, but Dönitz especially hated him because he believed Speer had told Hitler to name him the next Führer and without Speer he'd be a free man. And everyone hated Hess because he was lazy and whiny.
>>
>>2933351
The Nuremberg Trials where no better than the Show Trials, it's the same idea, from Stalin.
>>
>>2934017
>show trials where dozens of people are acquitted of all charges and let go
can the allies get anything right?
>>
>>2933719
>>2933504
t. (((Rosenberg)))
>>
>>2933740
Decades later, the Soviets/Russians themselves said (as you'd expect, I guess) that the secrets were nothing they didn't already know. And, that as the Rosenbergs were not scientists, the notes handed over weren't particularly useful.

They deserved prison, not hastily arranged electric chairs. They were fried in the era of McCarthyism and their trial was show trial, regardless of what they 'deserved'. This is not how Western justice is supposed to work. For General Oogabooga or Comrade Chang perhaps...
>>
>>2934014
it's a pity that reality television didn't exist in the late 40's. Spandau prison would have made the greatest tv show of all time
>>
>>2934027
'sup (((Rosenberg)))
>>
>>2934027
>Rosenberg
I'm German and this used to be our family name until (((they))) ruined it so we took upon one that hadn't been merchantified.
>>
>>2934079
Is that what your grandfather told you? Cute.
>>
>>2934079
Did you pick a cool one? What surname did you pick?
>>
>>2934112
Goldstein.
>>
File: johnygoose.jpg (94KB, 800x508px) Image search: [Google]
johnygoose.jpg
94KB, 800x508px
>>
>>
>>2933353
Nice
>>
>>2934029
Who cares that they "already knew some of that information".

The Rosenbergs were government employees who gave away nuclear weapon information to our worst enemy.

You get fucking gassed for that.
>>
File: 1477524867051.jpg (469KB, 1530x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1477524867051.jpg
469KB, 1530x1127px
>>2933351
>>
>>2933351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3qsImhAswo
>>
>>2934037
I've had this exact same idea, a sitcom about the spandau seven
>>
>>2933353
>I'm no scar, I'm no scar!
>>
>>2933446
Surprised someone posted this in a meme thread. But yeah you are right.
>>
>>2934027
>le (((meme)))
le so le (((funny))) lol (((epic))) cause DA (((JOOS))) le (((lololol))) XDDD!!!(((!!)))
>>
>>2933353
/thread
>>
>>2933351
Was the holocaust(final solution) mentioned in the Berg trials?
>>
File: large[1].jpg (572KB, 1920x1334px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
572KB, 1920x1334px
>>
>>2933863

lol nope
>>
>>2935875
Well, that must be most bullshit one so far.
>>
>>2933351
every single trial in Nazi Germany that culminated in the prisoner getting released from prison and immediately getting picked up by the gestapo to go to concentration camp. policestate run my thugs
>>
File: 1466617470959.png (1012KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466617470959.png
1012KB, 720x720px
>>2933351
How often do show trials go 288 days long?
>>
File: princelies.webm (2MB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
princelies.webm
2MB, 640x358px
>>2933448
>He was quite clearly mentally ill

Sluggishly progressive schizophrenia strikes again!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

Denvor Fenton Allen did nothing wrong
>>
the nazis at nuremberg should've been shot on the spot without trial
>>
File: 1494467238269.jpg (197KB, 800x705px) Image search: [Google]
1494467238269.jpg
197KB, 800x705px
>>2933434
>Why didn't the British accept Nazi Germany offer of peace and become a subjugated state while letting the Germans conquer most of Western Europe and their allies while also destroying the values they held dear like democracy?
>Truly, the British were responsible for the atrocities committed during the war
>>
>>2935326
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1477524867051/
desuarchive.org/_/search/filename/1477524867051/
More than 40 posts with this filename. That's a nice little hobby you have here, Patrick
>>
>>2934014
I remember it from that miniseries. I think there will be much more info in Speer's book but it would feel weird to read the biography of a man who clearly lied to make himself look better.
>>
>>2933412

No FDR?
>>
>>2939907
But the fact that the last part of the Spandau period is about Speer trying to bond with Hess, "the" Rudolf Hess is just surreal. Like something from Shawshank Redemption.
>>
>>2933396
I dislike exactly two things about it:

1) Soviets, who started the war just like Germany and commited the same kind of crimes were the prosecutors and even tried to blame the Nazis for some of their own crimes.

2) They should've been tried by a neutral country like Sweden or Switzerland.
>>
File: Roland_Freisler.jpg (29KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
Roland_Freisler.jpg
29KB, 400x559px
>>2933412

Yeah, like Roland Freiser was well known for his being a fair and impartial jurist. Oh wait, no he wasn't. He just ranted at the defendants like a psychotic lunatic for a few hours and gave them the death sentence.

Seriously, his rants were so over the top, Joseph Goebbels stopped the Reich propaganda ministry from releasing the footage because HE thought it was excessive.
>>
>>2933434

>flies to Britain as ambassador to peace
>on a German warplane
>not carrying a white flag of truce
>without notifying either Hitler or the British government of his intentions beforehand
>also lied about his identity after initial landing

Explain to me why exactly the British had any reason to entertain this charade?

Also, he wasn't put on trial for flying to Britain, he was put on trial for the shit he pulled beforehand, such as signing the Nuremberg Laws (he wasn't convicted for that btw) and helping put together Hitler's plans for the invasion of Poland and presumably being aware of (and doing nothing to prevent) the attack on the Soviet Union.

Now I'm willing to concede that perhaps the life sentence without parole was perhaps a little draconian given that he wasn't implicated in the Holocaust or other genocidal plots for the most part but that doesn't change his guilt.

>>2933415

Would you have preferred that the Allies have skipped the trial and just executed them instead? Because that was pretty much the alternative.
>>
>>2939936

>1) Soviets, who started the war just like Germany and commited the same kind of crimes were the prosecutors and even tried to blame the Nazis for some of their own crimes.

Oh yeah Soviets deserved to be on the defense stand themselves for all the evil shit they did, but they had also been the victims of not just German aggression, but attempted genocide (1/6th of the pre-war Russian population had died as a result of the war). On top of that they had an army over 6 million men now occupying much of Eastern Europe, the Western Allies couldn't just say no to them.

>2) They should've been tried by a neutral country like Sweden or Switzerland.

Fair enough, although those countries would have to agree to it first. And given that this was a world war, there were very few neutral countries to hold trials in.
>>
>>2940137
>the Soviets

Yeah, because the Americans didn't intern all their Japanese and hundreds of of thousands of Germans and Italians in camps. They also didn't bomb numerous civilian centers killing hundreds of thousands of non-combatants no sir. Fuck off namefag.
>>
File: auschwitz.jpg (681KB, 1421x1965px) Image search: [Google]
auschwitz.jpg
681KB, 1421x1965px
>>
>>2939936
>>2940137
The Soviets had no problem killing millions of their own people.

Sweden and Switzerland were not 'neutral' but not disinterested parties, either. Sweden feared both Nazi invasion, Soviet invasion, and 'pre-emptive' Allied invasion, as in Norway. Switzerland would've collaborated with the Third Reich pretty quick if shit had hit the fan, don't doubt it.
>>
>>2940480
If the governments didn't take either side officially then they were impartial. As much as it was possible considering the circumstances. It's obvious that countries like Great Britain could be considered more directly invested in the trials of war criminals. The governments of Sweden or Switzerland wouldn't have this baggage Of course to paraphrase one failed US president no one could guarantee that the citizens would stay neutral in their hearts.
>>
File: cadaver_synod.jpg (682KB, 2000x1329px) Image search: [Google]
cadaver_synod.jpg
682KB, 2000x1329px
Pic related
>>
>>2939936
SU invaded 12 days after

So Nazis still started the war
>>
>>2940511
Germany wouldn't attack without Soviet Union and not because they were afraid of Poland. They wanted their eastern border secured. Their joint attack on Poland was part of the agreement which makes both parties guilty.
>>
>>2933351
Doenitz dindu nuffin
>>
>>2940502
well that was a bizarre wikipedia article
>>
>>2940181
Thankfully the trial went on in spite of this moron who was probably bribed by one party or another. Dylewski, Broad and Scherpe got away with a few years in prison, Kiehr and Boger were sentenced to life.

Kiehr later confessed in prison:

"Jews never gassed? Yes, I have already been asked about that. ...Three elderly ladies come to visit us here. That is such an official society. They always want to support us a little bit, to give us a present on our birthdays, and so on, and one of them asked me once if people were gassed in Auschwitz? I said - I will tell you openly and honestly, but if it were someone else, I would have answered that I did not know. But because it is you, I will tell you precisely, that people were gassed. And anyone who maintains that there are no gassing ... Yes, I don't understand him, he must be crazy or in the wrong ... When you are three, four years in Auschwitz and experienced everything, then I cannot get myself to lie about it and say that no gassings were ever conducted."
>>
>>2937852
I love that Angel was a U-boat submariner
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.