[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do human rights exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 13418%20-%20human-rights-1.png (326KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
13418%20-%20human-rights-1.png
326KB, 880x880px
Do human rights exist?
>>
yea
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights

:)
>>
More like a privilege but what evs
>>
>>2933349
If we want them to
>>
>>2933349
As all laws, they exist but not really. If you can get away with it or you are ok with the punishment then they dont really matter
>>
only if you belive in the right of other apes to tell you what your rights and duties are
social contract is a spook and poo
>>
File: rights.jpg (420KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
rights.jpg
420KB, 857x1202px
>>
>>2933349
China tried to argue once that they didn't have to adhere to human rights as human rights are individual rights and China's culture was focussed on the collective. So according to China, if individuals are subject to the collective, individual rights don't matter.

Ofcourse this argument was shit and human rights do exist. Enforcing your rights is a different story though. I'm currently writing a thesis on right to good administration (not a human right) and its enforceability. Basically overarching rights (human rights, general principle, ius cogens, whatever you name it ) can only be enforced through more detailed legal provisions.

So e.g. the right to life is just an abstract concept if you can't enforce it. That's why we have Charters of Fundamental Rights, Constitutions sometimes, etc. See e.g. war crimes being forbidden. Just an abstract concept without enforcement; so thats why we now have the ICC.
>>
They're literally a social construct.
But I'd like to think a benevolent until (((they))) use it as a pretext to meddle in international affairs
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.