[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Six-Day War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1967lead.jpg (175KB, 756x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1967lead.jpg
175KB, 756x1108px
Why is it that the Arab coalition was decisively defeated by a tiny, newly founded nation that was greatly outnumbered and outgunned?
>>
>>2932110
Read Kenneth Pollack's "Arabs at War".
>>
vastly superior IQ
>>
Money and "German" efficiency
>>
File: photo-2.jpg (50KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
photo-2.jpg
50KB, 360x480px
>>2932110
The Arabs were
1. unprepared
2. vastly untrained and unmotivated conscripts
3.lead by delusional leaders that had their merit based on family connections- on top of that, they basically sabotaged their own communications by giving false optimistic reports to hide just how poorly they were performing- The Egyptian President iirc actually announced they were expecting to take Tel-Aviv shortly.

Israelis were
1.basically kicked off the war on a preemptive attack. - therefore Being able to virtually dominate the airspace unopposed*** (this is the most important one)
2.highly motivated and had excellent training
3. lead by generals and officers with a very meticulous command structure

I think the issue of equipment is a bit iffy, since I'd say with the right strategy the soviet equipment the Arabs had weren't that inferior to the Western arms of the israelis
>>
>>2932255
>basically kicked off the war on a preemptive attack

Should have started with that.
Most of those countries weren't expecting a war with Israel and unprepared.
>>
File: 1461671843968.png (2MB, 1214x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1461671843968.png
2MB, 1214x1109px
>>2932281
>Most of those countries weren't expecting a war with Israel and unprepared.
>>
>>2932110
jews were armed and trained by the US et al. arabs are a retarded orcish horde.
>>
>>2932293
>trained by the US
>Six Day War
when will this dumb meme end.
>>
The Arabs couldn't stop flinging shit at each other long enough to do shit.
>>
>>2932299
well someone trained the yids. who was it?
>>
>>2932307
The fact that a ton of the Israelis were former resistance fighters and soldiers from Europe probably helped.
>>
Because Israeli had numerical superiority and Arabs hate Palestinians.
>>
>>2932307
The Arabs, mostly.
>>
>>2932281

>egypt massing troops and tanks on your border
>calls it a "training exercise"
>intercept radio transmissions between syria and egypt about troop movements

The arabs thought jews were retarded just like them.
>>
File: 1468354758919.jpg (185KB, 587x677px) Image search: [Google]
1468354758919.jpg
185KB, 587x677px
>>2932110
what exactly happened ? did the Arabs actually launch a coordinated attack on multiple fronts or did they manage to fuck that up too?

By allah I fucking hate Arabs. You wanted to be free of Turks fine, but at least have the decency to not lose the Holy city if your going to be a backstabbing coward
>>
>>2932534
the Arab militaries for the most part are completely incapable of independent thought or action. We saw this in the Yom-Kippur war where Egypt completely BTFO'd Isreal in the crossing of the canal since the soldiers had been trained and drilled about their specific roles in the operation hundreds of times with a strict time schedule, but when they got further on into territory and time where they had not been instructed and drilled what to do, they completely fell apart.
>>
>>2932307
ww2
>>
File: The Onion Nasser.png (796KB, 853x951px) Image search: [Google]
The Onion Nasser.png
796KB, 853x951px
>>2932255
>The Egyptian President iirc actually announced they were expecting to take Tel-Aviv shortly.

Pic related.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.