[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Kursk the largest single battle in human history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: KurskSalientMap.jpg (25KB, 617x473px) Image search: [Google]
KurskSalientMap.jpg
25KB, 617x473px
Is Kursk the largest single battle in human history?
>>
Largest tank battle.
Not largest overall. Berlin and Stalingrad probably had more participants.
>>
>>2933324
The largest single tank battle was Brody (1941)
>>
This was indeed probably the largest single battle

Stalingrad was just the largest overall battle, over the years it unfolded alot of troops participated, it can be rounded up into a single battle but in reality it was a very long series of many, many battles.
>>
>>2933324
I think it was also the largest air battle too, but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>2931343

One has to wonder how the battle would have turned out if they hadn't waited and given the Soviets time to entrench, fortify, and reinforce the salient- in order to wait for the new tanks.

Or what the Germans could have achieved with those forces had they not rushed face first into a meat/metal grinder.

>Probably would have just delayed their loss and made the war even more costly in the end.
>>
>>2931343
It depends entirely on what you consider to be the distinction between a battle and an operation. Even the battle we know as Kursk was broken up into two phases:
>German attack
>Soviet counterattack at Orel
each of which lasted multiple days.

Similarly, you could argue that, if the entire Kursk operation was a battle, then so was the Battle of Moscow/Operation Typhoon.
>>
>>2931343
it all kind of depends on how you look at it, bigger battles have been faught, but kursk took place over the course of like a month whereas the other big battles lasted many months or even years
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.