[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is something different about Rommel and the Africa front

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Maybe its the fact that Rommel never committed atrocities like German commanders in the eastern front. Maybe its because he obviously hated Hitler and the Nazis in his book (albeit he wrote it after he was condemned to death by them). Maybe its because North Africa + Nazis reminds me of the first Indiana Jones movie.

But I want to like Rommel and the Afrika corps, this is probably more emotional than logical.
>>
>>2929441
No one in the German officers truly liked Hitler but they all believed in the German war goals, Rommel included. Haven't read up recently but he helped the SS in multiple operations as an organic unit.
>>
>>2929441
>Maybe its because he obviously hated Hitler and the Nazis in his book
And after he spent years sucking up to Hitler personally to be able to call the guy in to win his disputes with his army superiors, volunteering to command the dude's bodyguard for him every chance he got, and shooting propaganda films for the Nazis after the fall of France.
>>
>>2929441
Rommel was a career opportunist, Africa might have been a "gentleman's war" but he used his closeness to Hitler to get ahead of other officers because his career had stalled during the inter-war. Doesn't really make him a bad person, just kind of a dick
>>
File: maybelline.jpg (12KB, 302x206px) Image search: [Google]
maybelline.jpg
12KB, 302x206px
>>2929441
>Maybe its the fact that Rommel never committed atrocities like German commanders in the eastern front. Maybe its because he obviously hated Hitler and the Nazis in his book
Maybe it's Maybelline
>>
>>2929441
Rommel is like the one Nazi that is considered okay to like. Besides him maybe the guys behind Operation Valkyrie.
>>
>>2929441
North Africa was the only theatre which remained mostly civil and doesn't seem to have atrocities and horrific battles associated with it. It was an interesting theatre in that it played out a bit different to the brutal stuff above it in Europe
>>
>>2929441
Can anyone suggest a book about life of rommel?
>>
>>2929502
His own, even if a good part of the book is bitching about Italians being shit (not the soldiers themselves though, he has nothing but praise for them)
>>
>>2929509

Wait. When did Rommel ever have time to write a book? Between the wars?
>>
>>2929520
The one I have is titled Rommels Art Of War and it's pretty much just a collection of letters and diary entries
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw1UJCwcgNc
>>
>>2929486
I chuckled.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.