[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Rhodesia a shining light in Africa?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: BeaManamongMen.jpg (301KB, 1200x1621px) Image search: [Google]
BeaManamongMen.jpg
301KB, 1200x1621px
Was Rhodesia a shining light in Africa?
>>
>>2928655
It is a shining beacon for autists
>>
>>2928655
for me, it's south sudan
>>
>>2928655
No.
T. parents were Rhodesian
>>
>>2928655
>shining light in Africa

Ahh yes, a state that was founded by a closeted fag for a diamond company, had to be taken care of by its colonial mother for its whole lifetime, decided a politically favourable Federation was a bad idea cus 'muh horse and rider' and then only lasted for nine years as an independent state.

truly an example for us all
>>
They were not true nationalists. They were willing to let Mugabe rise to power rather than join forces with the Ndebele.
>>
File: viper.png (619KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
viper.png
619KB, 728x728px
>>2928655
Just read the whole wikipedia article on Rhodesia today, got a few questions. What else should I know? And is this war seen nowadays as more a war against communism or a race war?
>>
>>2931387

what questions? race war
>>
>>2931527

A huge number of Rhodesia's military was nogs.
>>
>>2928655
No, it was a shitstorm waiting to happen and everyone saw it coming from a mile away.
>>
>>2931527
Economically-oriented conflict, more-so. Race just drew the lines between the ethnic majority population and white minority rule.
>>
>>2928678
Did you really think you could lie on the internet and get away with it?
>>
File: 1494432870632.jpg (38KB, 388x443px) Image search: [Google]
1494432870632.jpg
38KB, 388x443px
>>2928655
No. But goddamn could they fucking operate. Their COIN philosophy was fantastic, and they had some sweet ass uniforms. The Sealous Scouts are still one of the most successful examples of Special Operations in recent memory.

/K/ommandos idolize them for their ability to slot floppies, and /pol/ idolizes them because they think the Bush War was about whites beating back the nig nog hordes.

Three Sips of Gin and Fireforce are two great books written by Rhodesian soldiers, I highly recommend them for people who want some insight into the conflict.
>>
>>2931930
>putting all the people that posed/ potentially pose a threat to Rhodesian social order into one camp where they can openly communicate with each other.

Perfect.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.