[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>perfect societies didnt exi-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3085.png (262KB, 1200x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3085.png
262KB, 1200x620px
>perfect societies didnt exi-
>>
Until they realised they'd made a horrible mistake in 1423 when their trading posts were getting overrun by the Turks.Talk about karma, maybe breaking the Shield of Europe into little pieces wasn't a good idea?
>>
>>2925554
How was that shit perfect?
>>
>>2925554
t. Gondola Jew
>>
File: imperio inca faldas.jpg (482KB, 1600x1162px) Image search: [Google]
imperio inca faldas.jpg
482KB, 1600x1162px
>>2925554
Good thread.
But you missed the picture. This one is the right one.
>>
>>2925562
>lee doos voolt XXXXDDDD!!!!!

Stop.
>>
>>2925554
Their flag is very aesthetic, so much I looked into their history and find them even more fascinating. Now I'm considering buying a flag and hanging it up.
>>
>>2925562
>Shield of Europe
Because obviously a shield that broke to a dagger would have endured a cannonball, right?
>>
>>2925554
>stagnant oligarchy
>perfect society
I'm a veniceboo and I still think you're stupid.
>>
How is Sri Lanka perfect?
>>
>>2925841

The entire country smells like cinnamon.
>>
>>2925771
b-but muh stability
>>
>>2925862
>b-but muh stability
...came at the cost of stagnation for the most part. Well maybe not quite, but it still happened.
You could make a case that the way the venetian government was set up (very near that of modern republics, with separation of powers and all) was still very stable when the republic was still a plutocratic republic, and there's no reason to think that would have changed had it stayed that way.
But the fact is that it did change into a closed (eh more or less) aristocracy, and when a mix of factors undermined said aristocracy the republic was left with a flagging political life with loads of problems, from CONSTANT information leaks (got to the point where other countries refused to have secret deals with Venice because they just owuldn't stay secret) to a whole underclass of impoverished nobles making a living by selling their votes, the barnabotti.
>>
>>2925765
A dagger stabs you in the back, its not meant to peirce a sheild. The Venetians stole their sheild and the Byzantines were forced to make a shittier one.
>>
>>2925956
Too bad that the only backstabbing was done by the Byzantines, and that Venice's answer to it was quite frontally aimed, and the hostilities lasted 30 years on and off before the 4th crusade.
It's laughable to think that an "empire" taken down by a piddly city state would have endured the ottoman pressure. Pure wishful thinking and desire to reassign blame.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.