[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Henry II & Thomas Becket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 2421.jpg (89KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
2421.jpg
89KB, 400x319px
Who was in the right?
>>
>>2923135
Neither. Fuck them both.

Henry II wanted to establish the makings of a secular government with his judicial reforms, which infringed on the Catholic Church's domains. This all gets traced back to Henry II's great-grandfather William the Bastard promising the Pope that he would make England a papal domain in exchange for his support. After the Conquest when the new Pope called William out on this, no shit the Norman bastard reneged on the deal as well as his anti-clerical spawn William Rufus.

Becket wasn't the Saxon hero of legend. He was a Norman that got uppity with his power and didn't give a rat's ass about the local peasantry.
>>
If only Henry IV of the HRE had knights as loyal
>>
>>2923135
>Who was in the right?
certainly not the turbulent priest
>>
>>2923135
Both because it's some uppity knights that kill, one of whom was my direct ancestor (and people wonder why I have autism)
>>
>>2924655
God cursed you anon
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.