[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how Pro and Anti-gay were various pagan cultures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: it hurts.png (303KB, 517x515px) Image search: [Google]
it hurts.png
303KB, 517x515px
Just how Pro and Anti-gay were various pagan cultures?
>>
I assume you mean before it was influenced by other religions with strong anti-homosexuality sentiment. As Paganism constitutes extremely varied groups of people and mindsets, it might have been perfectly okay with groups who saw it as not their business who loved whom and why they did, as long as they otherwise contributed to the good of their group.
>>
>>2920909
Homosexuality wasn't a meme until the 19th century, when people were such avid career memesters they realized they could live their whole lives as a meme.

Back in the day you just fucked boys in the ass, and if you let men fuck you in the ass than you're a woman and unworthy of respect.
>>
Having gay sex was probably considered okay as long as it wasn't excessive but I think in nearly every culture around the globe men were expected to marry and have kids with women, thinking mostly of Greco-Roman culture.
Probably wasn't too different essentially everywhere else.
>>
Gay as an identity is a modern construction. Even the most flaming Greek boyfuckers wouldn't have thought of themselves as being gay
>>
>>2921233
>but I think in nearly every culture around the globe men were expected to marry and have kids with women, thinking mostly of Greco-Roman culture.

Women were assigned male guardians to keep tabs on their activities until they were either 35 years old or had at least 3 living kids. They were viewed as adults with the minds and manners of children and were treated as such.

As for your statement about gay sex being considered okay, it's worth mentioning that "The Golden Ass" written by Apuleius (the only novel from the 2nd century found in it's entirety) has a scene where the main character performs anal sex on a servant girl, and it was described as "A boy's pleasure." Ergo, people saw anal sex as a special form of sex, and you'd perform it on boys.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.