[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Pericles /ourguy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: pepecles.jpg (14KB, 308x437px) Image search: [Google]
pepecles.jpg
14KB, 308x437px
Was Pericles /ourguy/?
>>
>>2919873
>Pericles
>Peri/Pair of
>Cles/ Cliz (Old Church Slavonic for dual spherical orbs)

His name was Balls.
>>
>just die for the state bro, it's worth it i swear
>>
File: Equal under justice.jpg (64KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Equal under justice.jpg
64KB, 850x400px
>Athens is a piece of shitty ash
>Rocks up and proceeds to promote art, architecture, and culture
>Guides Athens into its golden age, becoming the default city state synonymous with ancient Greece
>Embodied western values of democracy, meritocracy, culture, and justice
>Turns the Delian league into the Athenian empire, using its funds to build the most beautiful building of them all, the Parthenon on the Acropolis giving Athens that quintessential Greek look
>Delivers a speech that would inspired Lincolns Gettysburg address and provide the inscription above the US supreme court, conveying everything great about liberty and patriotism with his winged words
>Leaves Athens a city of marble and is one of the few politicians who survived his entire life, with the likes of Themistocles and Miltiades being exiled after their time as heroes for fear of tyranny
>Golden age of Greece becomes known as the age of Pericles, a feat similar to that of the Napoleonic era (I venture to say there is no greater honour than having a time period named after you as a single person)
>Managed to pull this all off simply because he was the most brilliant of all Athenians
the original MAGA
>>
>>2920746

>strips the freedom of his fellow Ionian Greeks, Athenians are a more extracting and demeaning an overlord than the Persians
>bribes the thetes with public funds
>Athens renounces its alliance with Sparta because Pericles and his plebs wanted to be #1 in Greece
>starts the war that destroyed Athens and doomed Greece to Macedonian rule by sending aid to an unjustified rebellion against the founders of Corcyra
>>
>>2920769
laconian detected
>>
File: 1397257110818.jpg (28KB, 297x338px) Image search: [Google]
1397257110818.jpg
28KB, 297x338px
>>2920786
Not an argument.
>>
>>2920746

Those western 'values' you mentioned were practiced so differently in his time compared to ours that is is idiotic to try and draw a line of connection between us and them.

This is just more of that dumb 'western' WE WUZing that LARPers and other ignorants on this board perpetuate.
>>
>>2919873
>marry a hooker
>don't give a fuck
>yo make the biggest temple to Athena
>it's gonna be yuge, beauutiful
>let my hooker wife help me run the state cause I'm not an insecure fag
>democracy and meritocracy over all
>jumpstart the the 5th century BC golden age
>>
>>2919873
Absolutely. One can clearly draw a line between him and modern western values.

Middle Easterners BTFO.
>>
Tell me /his/, why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>2921186
A lot of loyalty for a οἱ Μύριοι!
>>
What was different about them?
>>
>>2922180
Way to ruin the banepost you asshole.
>>
>>2919873
>not augustus
he was a skinny white guy who used cuck as an insult
>>
>>2920001
guy had a pair of balls
>>
>>2922185
baneposts were never good
kinda like frogposts
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.