[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Criminology a legit discipline... or just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: chamberlain.jpg (1MB, 4896x2689px) Image search: [Google]
chamberlain.jpg
1MB, 4896x2689px
Is Criminology a legit discipline... or just a meme?
>>
Undergrad criminal justice and criminology is a meme. Graduate school isn't
>>
Have they ever made a single accurate prediction?
>>
>>2918647
That a white dude is more likely to do an act of terrorism
>>
>>2918650
that's not very accurate
>>
>>2918641

Commit a crime and let us know how quickly this "meme" finds you and imprisons you.
>>
>>2918660
Depends where you do it. Cities like Chicago only solve 15-20% of their murders and something like 3% of attempted murders. Those crimes are de facto legal in places like that.
>>
>>2918641
It's a cultural marxist branch.
>>
I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I am pretty sure governments and corporations try to monopolize a scientific approach to psychology while suppressing it amongst the general public so they are more susceptible to their strategies. Criminal psychology is suppressed because it is too widespread and they don't want any leaks.
>>
>>2918679

And how high do you imagine that would be WITHOUT criminology?
>>
>>2918679
That's because most homicides on the south and west sides are teenagers taking pot-shots at each other. See someone in your neighborhood that you don't recognize? He's probably a rival gang member trying to muscle in on your turf. Better shoot six rounds in his general direction and then run away. That's why gun related incidents in Chicago only have like a 20% rate of mortality. Also explains the outrageous amount of collateral damage.
>>
>>2918641
Just like psychology, it needs to be combined with genetics/biology.

inb4 "muh racism"
>>
>>2918650
>>2918655
Based on what, statistics?
>>
>>2918963
Lefties published a study that whites killed more people via terrorism than Muslims did since 2002 (conveniently ignoring 9/11).

They didn't adjust for the fact that whites outnumber Muslims 60 to 1 in America, so they actually proved that Muslims are more likely to kill you via terrorism.
>>
>>2918703
>Criminal psychology is suppressed because it is too widespread and they don't want any leaks.
They teach it in schools...

Also >>>/x/

It's not as if you can suppress that kind of information and still have access to it more than a generation after, much less continue to expand on it. Psychology is a very wide and very open field. (Sometimes, a bit too much so.)

I also don't see how this is a history or humanities thread... Though I'm not sure where to put it either. Criminology and psychology are sciences, however soft, so I guess, >>>/sci/.
>>
>>2918970
You're missing the fact that Muslims are classified as white.
>>
>>2918641
Meme. in my 4th year for a degree in it, it's simplistic criminal worship. It is as useful as a three year bachelor or arts but it can meme you into a seemingly related profession that isn't related at all.
>>
>>2918947
Oddly enough I only encountered this when they talked about native americans in canada. With every other group it was all "systemic racism, poverty, bad peer groups etc" but with the natives they presented it like a mystery. They didn't even blame residential schools or whatever.
>>
>>2918679
seriously? that sort of gives me more motivation if I ever decided to commit murder(no FBI plz). Would you happen to know the national average % for murders solved?
>>
File: marxist.jpg (11KB, 153x236px) Image search: [Google]
marxist.jpg
11KB, 153x236px
>>2918683
>>2919863

That's the problem. Crimonology is a Social Sciences offspring (among others) and now SS is a marxist trash-can.
>>
>>2918973

Only when they commit crimes, they count as shitskins for purposes of affirmative action.
>>
>>2918971
I mean they teach fallacious criminal psychology in schools while suppressing scientific criminal psychology. Freud is a class example of someone whose spurious theories were given largess by his in-law Edward Bernays.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.