[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity and Islam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Islamic-Symbol.png (104KB, 1358x1467px) Image search: [Google]
Islamic-Symbol.png
104KB, 1358x1467px
Are Muslims inherantly more zealous than Christians?
Historically speaking Christians have always been more apt to convert to Islam than vise versa. Like in the case of Albania and the Bosniaks. The only case I can think of where Muslims converted to Christianity en masse was the reconquista, and even then most moriscos were expelled form Iberia. Additionally the title of Caliph and wars waged in the name of Islam seemed to carry alot more weight in the Muslim world than it did for Christians. Is there actually some koranic basis for Muslims being so zealous? Or have I just not seen as many cases of Christian religous zeal?
>>
>>2917599
Christians don't truly believe in god , plain and simple

they are full of self doubt and take no action in their lives that would put themselves in danger for they question if heaven truly exists
>>
>>2917599
I think it's just a matter of Middle East being unwilling to resolve conflicts decisively so they just keep a war of attrition where Christians become increasingly limited to the loyalest ones and Muslims free to take any converts without the opposite.

Christian societies tend to surround themselves with Christians. Muslims live among non-Muslims while ignoring them.
>>
>>2917599
Islam has the unique aspect of it fashioning itself as the conclusion of God's communication with mankind in the Abrahamic tradition and the ultimate way to live life. With respect to this it makes little sense for a muslim to convert to what would be seen as a flawed and unpolished version of God's word. This also helps create a sense of urgency to convert others of the Abrahamic faiths in addition to severely limiting the tolerance for heresy. In this sense Islam is naturally more prone to zealotry than the other Abrahamic faiths. Only Judaism comes close and only because of a tradition of telling others to fuck off when facing forced conversion (sanctifying the name of god).

Christianity not only had to struggle to gain converts making it the underdog's religion for many years, but also suffered greatly by lacking the knowledge base of how to make the Abrahamic tradition attractive to a wider audience. Judaism was limited to a small ethno-religious group that seldom accepted converts. Christianity had to remake everything to appeal to non-jews. Islam did not have to suffer nearly as much in growing pains when there was already a great example across the desert in the ERE of how to get people to practice your faith. Martyrdom for the faith had by that point transformed into the idea that force-converting others by the sword was the ultimate form of religious piety. Islam merely needed to emmulate existing constructs of zealotry that were very successful across the Christian world and pair it with the conclusionary nature of the Islamic prophecy to create what might be seen as the ultimate form of religious dogma.
>>
>>2918527
Christianity became the majority in Zoroastrian-controlled lands during active persecution, actually increased after Constantine. There were more Jews there, though.
>>
Christian theology is weaker
>>
>>2917612
Thankfully, Abraham didn't manage to completely corrupt Western thought patterns.
>>
>>2917599
christianity is non-impactful and weak because of retcons
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.