[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unironically Who was in the fault here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: first_crusade_route_map.jpg (66KB, 1032x471px) Image search: [Google]
first_crusade_route_map.jpg
66KB, 1032x471px
Unironically
Who was in the fault here?
>>
Everybody.
>>
>>2917452
Islam because it theologically makes no sense
>>
>>2917452
reminder that if you blame anyone other than the Christians you are racist and bigoted
>>
The crusades were defensive wars against muslim fascist beheader sand people
>>
It's not a very constructive question lad because it's a war, wars are never so cut and dry.
What I will say though is the demonization of Europe and Christiandom based on the invariably inadequate understanding of the 1st Crusade is appalling.
100 Years after Muhammad's death, Muslims were fighting in Tours, that's 19 out of 20 of the miles covered between Mecca and London. By their own accounts they were an incredibly rapacious elitist faction and Christian apprehension to capitulate to their imminent Muslim overlords is perfectly understandable.

Given what we know about Islam, given atrocities preceding and succeeding the 1st Crusade, are Urban's accusations really so far-fetched? Read up on Zengi if you want to know how roughly contemporaneous Islamic powers behaved.
This map is out of date though lad, two glaring inaccuracies are Sicily, which would of at this point been controlled by the Normans and Antioch and Edessa which the Byzantines had lost and were recaptured by the 1st Crusaders.
>>
>>2917452
christians
>no real proof of muslim atrocities in the holy land
>muslims have controlled the holy land for centuries now
>pope basically just wanted to legitimize himself
>idea of a crusade originally came from the byzantines wailing for help because they got btfo at manzikert
>massacre their way through christian europe before massacring their way through innocent populations
>establish fragile states that did nothing but destabilize the region until the caliphates could take them back

it was basically a big christian dickwaving contest at the expense of many innocents both christian and islam alike
>>
>>2917452
Chr*stcucks for existing
>>
>>2917452
Islam invaded Catholics so Catholics counterattacked.
>>
>>2918111
Best post.

/thread
>>
>>2917452
Germans as usual
>>
>>2919361
This is the true answer.
>>
>>2919361
Eternal kraut strikes again
>>
>>2917452
I know that by that point Catholicism and Orthodoxy had diverged quite a bit but at that point they were still technically the same church
>>
>>2921439
>>same church <<
You dense ?
>>
>>2917452
fault is a spook
>>
>>2917452
Abraham
>>
File: 7 Arabia.png (338KB, 1600x916px) Image search: [Google]
7 Arabia.png
338KB, 1600x916px
>>2919087
What was the:
>Umayyad Conquest
>Muslim invasion of Sicily
>1st and 2nd Siege of Constantinople
>The Sacking of Old St. Peters

I think the ragheads had it coming.
>>
>>2917465
Islam delenda est.
>>
the Byzantines for being incompetent
>>
>>2917452
God.
>>
>>2923877

You can't blame God, that's not really a viable option
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.