[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who were the sea peoples?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: defeating-the-Sea-Peoples[1].jpg (137KB, 847x458px) Image search: [Google]
defeating-the-Sea-Peoples[1].jpg
137KB, 847x458px
Who were the sea peoples?
>>
>>2914750
Jews
>>
When after all
It was you and me
>>
Mycenaeans
>>
Sardinians.
>>
Minoans
>>
Atlanteans.
>>
>>2914750
I am the Sea People
>>
Aquatic Mongols
>>
>>2914871
Unironically this
>>
>>2914871
Also unironically this
>>
File: simpsonsdidit.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
simpsonsdidit.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>2914750
>>
>>2914935
Elaborate?
>>
>>2914750
Explorers, in the further regions of experience.
>>
Phoenicians
>>
Let's talk about mysterious and obscure people in general, Who were the Sea Peoples? What was their culture like? What were their Ethnic make up like? I have the same questions of the Guanche people of Cape Verde, the Amazigh in Morocco, the early indo-Europeans who would later become modern Europeans, and the civilizations destroy by Mongol and Islamic conquests
>>
>>2914750
Anatolians

Except maybe for Shekelesh, Sherden and Ekwesh the rest seem Anatolians
>>
>>2914750
The big naval powers during the late bronze age were all in Northen Syria/South Eastern Anatolia and Cyprus.

Ugarit was said to have a fleet of over 150 ships, recently they have found a port in the islands of Adana (South East Anatolia) with a massive shipyard with space for over 200 ships, I think it's the only shipyard ever found dating to the bronze age, Cyprus traded regularly with the Western Mediterranean, especially Sardinia, more than the Myceneans themselves, this alone should tell you how much of a sea people they were..

The only two bronze age shipwrecks ever found in the Eastern Mediterranean, the cape caledonia and uluburn, ones were both made in Cedar wood, which, again, could only be found in Either: Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon or South Eastern Anatolia, those ships were ade in that area, so further proof that the msot active fleets were in that same area.

Maybe not all the sea peoples came from there, we know they allied with North Africans, so thinking they allied with the western people they traded with such as Greeks, Sicels and Sards isn't unlikely, but the bulk of them 80%, came from S.E Anatolia, Cyprus and Northen Syria.
>>
I'm pretty sure even Greeks classified as sea peoples at some point
>>
>>2914750

Somali pirates
>>
>>2915738
No, maybe Northen Syria

Tyre, Byblos or Sidon or any other Phenku (Pheonician) city were not listed among the attacking Northeners by the Egyptians
>>
Why do they have to be one people.

They could have been all of the above at some point in time.
>>
>>2915904
Continues:

The Philistines, the only sea peoples we can actually research because we actually know of Philistine occupied sites such as the five cities of the pentapoli.

Philistine pottery was Helladic and most similar to the shapes made in Cyprus and Cilicia, they have found Cypro-Minoan (a script used in bronze age Cyprus) in Philistine sites, archaeologists have found Cypriot/Mycenean like hearths in Philistine sites, the type of loom too was similar to that of Cyprus I think, the similarities continue, Philistines were Cypriots or a Cretan/Cypriot mixed people.

The Ekwesh were Mycenean greeks, also known as Ahhyawa from Hittitie sources.

The Denyen were Cilicians, they also call themselves Ahhyawa in EIA texts so maybe they mixed with Myceneans.

The Sherden and Shekelesh were people from Sardinia and Sicily, the regions Cypriots and Cretans (Philistines) traded the most with
>>
>>2915726
He's being ironic
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.