[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we make history, as a subject, great again ? I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: hey shawty.jpg (1MB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
hey shawty.jpg
1MB, 1448x2048px
How can we make history, as a subject, great again ?

I remember when i was in school. All the way from age 13-18, ( I am 20 now )

98% of the people i had in my class and around school, disliked history. It was boring to them, and they thought it was unnecessary and didn't have any real life value. "it's the past, omg, why do we have to learn about it ".

Is it the lack of good history teachers that makes "history" boring ? That the subject is only "associated" with old men? Or is "history" just a subject you need to have a real interest in, for you to enjoy it ?

Can we have a discussion on this ?
>>
People just want memes these days.
>>
>>2914214
Normies will always be fundamentally uninterested in anything that doesn't involve sports or fucking Chad/Stacey. We're always going to be the ones in the back of the class who are the only ones who care about the lesson.
>>
I believe you are so right. I hated history until I had a teacher at the time I thought I hated. She was so passionate and I learned so much from her. I think the lack of good history teachers is the fact that... What is our real history. With all the deception that goes into it, how could you teach it with a straight face. Just my opinion and that can get you fired or even killed now a day's
>>
>>2914230
Considering things may have to evolve to be alive, maybe history should evolve too then ?

Personally i think it becomes silly to include "memes" in history lessons, to downplay certain scenarios with memes. But maybe this is what is needed to keep history alive? Aslong as the base information is correct, would "memeing" some parts, like someones name for example, or something like that, be wrong. To keep things interesting for the newer generations
>>
>>2914214
because the way history is taught in most modern institutions is just begging to be disliked. It's either pointless memorization and recitation of tidbits and facts, ideological indoctrination, or just tries to make you feel guilty for being white
>>
>>2914214
It definitely has something to do with the teaching method. I had one teacher whose style was pretty much: show them a movie or documentary at least once a week but usually more often than that, make them color in some historical scenes, make them popcorn read and read to them in funny voices, throw a longer lecture in there every 2 months for good measure.

And desu it worked. I had a habit of skipping but it made me really want to attend school just so I wouldn't miss out on the first half of whatever cool movie he'd have us watch.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.