[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally look up what the fuck is this horseshoe theory that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: doggo.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>finally look up what the fuck is this horseshoe theory that /pol/ keeps babbling about
>it essentially states that both left and right political extremes use similar tactics and methods of maintaining their power and enforcing their ideologies
>alright
>mfw somehow /pol/ and co. interprets this as right=left ideologically and keeps making bad MS paint pictures and 20+ min YouTube videos about how it's wrong

Am I missing something?
>>
Probably
>>
>>2913989
fascism and communism are very close in their ideologies, their methodology and the societies they result in
>>
Horseshoe theory is retarded. It boils down complex and varying issues into: 'anything except pacifism is bad m'kay'. Total false dichotomy. Go ahead and convince me otherwise.
>>
File: radical centrist.jpg (118KB, 714x696px) Image search: [Google]
radical centrist.jpg
118KB, 714x696px
>
>>
>>2914116
>. It boils down complex and varying issues into: 'anything except pacifism is bad m'kay'.

No it doesn't you twit. Where did you even get that idea?
>>
>>2913989
Who the fuck did tell you this on pol? Redditfags almost exclusively use this to discard pol. Ive never seen horseshoe theory taken seriously on pol
>>
>>2913989
>Am I missing something?

Yes, the link to the appropriate board for contemporary political discussion.
>>
Oh pee here.

>>2914116
>>2914124

These niggers here are my point. As far as I understand, all this theory states is that the more extreme political discourse becomes, despite clear ideological differences between left and right, increasingly similar methods are employed by both, i.e. labor camps, authoritarianism etc.

How the fuck do you people interpret this as "both left and right are the same lol"? It's like you purposefully misunderstand the true meaning of this seemingly simple concept and then get mad about it.
>>
>>2914221

We don't have one, /pol/ is a meme board at this point.
>>
>>2914235

Too bad, turning everywhere else into a meme board because the relevant board is shit isn't a valid solution.
>>
>>2914227
>How the fuck do you people interpret this as "both left and right are the same lol"?
Are there really people who oversimplify it this far? The point is that, regardless of whether the rulers are SJWs or PUAs, the result for the common man is authoritarianism and oppression.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.