[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thought Experiment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: hitler in RA1.jpg (31KB, 384x326px) Image search: [Google]
hitler in RA1.jpg
31KB, 384x326px
So the "story" is Hitler killed himself in his bunker, it differs how he did it and some people say he didn't and he ran off blah blah blah, but let's go by the History book description for this little thought experiment.

Which is, what if Hitler DIDN'T kill himself in the bunker? What if he surrendered? Would ally soldiers takes him alive? If so, and he is incarcerated put on trial and NOT assassinated while in prison, what would become of him?

Would he be put to death after trial? Most people who don't know all about how leaders in war are dealt with would assume he would be killed for war crimes, but politics and "deals" are less black and white.

What do YOU think? I feel that he, if not killed on sight, would be left alive, at least for a while, pulling favors.
>>
>implying his fellow Nazis wouldn't have ensured his martyrdom.

How do we know he's the one who pulled the trigger?
>>
>>2912537
1. Gotta assume the allies find him and not the soviets who would no doubt kill him on the spot or torture him before killing him.

2. If the Allies do find him, he would of gone to Nuremberg alongside the rest of the Nazi elite.

3. Yes, most likely, all the higher ups that went to Nuremberg were sentenced to death. The only people kept alive were the scientists and the people who couldn't be linked directly to any crimes.

4. Even then he would of most likely killed himself before being executed, again, like a lot of the nazi elite that went to trial.
Interesting subject tho, I have always wondered what Hitler would of said if he was questioned there, since AFAIK he never made any public comments on the holocaust while he was alive, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>2912537
What you gotta understand is that when the allies and the soviets entered Germany they didn't left a single stone intact.

There were no favors Hitler could pull. There was nothing the allies could want from him. The German people were beaten into submission, there were no questions asked, just orders given.
>>
>>2912554

This is true.

I'll get shit on for this but there's a good write-up on Reddit on a hypothetical Nuremberg trial of Hitler.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130412120647/http://www.reddit.com/r/HistoricalWhatIf/comments/1bz53y/how_would_the_nuremberg_trials_had_differed_if
>>
>>2912558
I'm nearly certain he, or someone defending him, would plead insanity.
>>
>>2912636
>This is true.
What is the way he killed himself? I heard he fed a suicide pill to his dogs to see if it worked, and I'm like "One, no one could do that to their dog. Two, if it doesn't work, who cares? you're trying to kill yourself"
>chickens out on suicide
Nah, suicide is always the cowards' way. Interesting read though.
>>
>>2912641
Yes.

Do you really think it would of worked, tho? Especially in the 1940s?
>>
>>2912636
That's exactly the kind of post you'd expect to find on Reddit. Harry Potter-tier.

Oh well.
>>
>>2912660
As someone who prides himself in being "lawful good", if I was the one who decides his fate, I would accept the insanity plea, because EVERYONE knows hes insane, but I feel that everyone would kill him anyways.

I feel that they would either kill him, or make him suffer something worse than death, like removal of all his limbs or whatever.
>>
>>2912537
He would have been tried at Nuremberg and executed for crimes against humanity.
>>
File: 1493596431216.png (191KB, 2000x1333px)
1493596431216.png
191KB, 2000x1333px
Bonus question, what would happen to Mussolini instead if he was caught by an Allied army instead of an angry mob? Would he have been sentenced to death as well?
>>
>>2912738
The reasoning behind killing Mussolini was to avoid having the allies use him to condemn Italy as a whole.
If they were right, I suppose he would end up at Nuremberg and Italy would be treated like Germany at the peace talks.
If they were wrong, Mussolini at the trials and Italy treated the same. I quite doubt he lives long term in any scenario.
>>
>>2912698
I don't think any western court would of done anything worst than death to him, but the soviets might have enjoyed it.

>>2912738
I don't think the allies had much dirt on him, he would of definitely been killed tho. That's what you usually do with an enemy leader, especially if you don't need anything out of them.
>>
>>2912738
He didn't die because he got caught by an angry mob. He got caught by a partisan cell that killed him in a proper execution to avoid him ending up with the allies.
The angry mob and desecration of the corpses happened when some commie partisans at a roadblock found the bodies while searching the truck they were being moved in.
It wasn't supposed to happen and the partisan leadership was insanely mad that it did.
>>
>>2912537

There was a report written by OSS in 43 detailing the possible outcomes of the war. It was a psychological profile of Hitler and they determined that the most likely outcome would be him killing himself because he was basically a giant drama queen, and he would need to end his "story" on a dramatic end. They said he would either die in some insane suicide charge with his troops or pretend to surrender, but rig his place with explosives and when the allies arrived, he would just trigger the bomb and blow them all to hell.

They said they were trying to get him to surrender by intentionally leaking info to the germans that they planned to exile him to elba to play into his napoleonic fantasies though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.