[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Jesus' divinity was debated among Arius and others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: arius.jpg (67KB, 261x395px) Image search: [Google]
arius.jpg
67KB, 261x395px
how can a Christian claim that Jesus divinity was biblical?
>>
Well it's in the Gospel of John, for one thing.

Moreover, Christ's divinity is an outgrowth of the writings of Paul and the early Gospels. The records of Christ's life, and the things that happened in it (including the Resurrection and his appearances after death) basically leaves one to conclude inescapably that he's divine.
>>
>>2911113
for once he's not wrong
>>
ARIUS' —AND ANY AUTHENTIC CHRISTIAN'S— CONTENTION WAS AGAINST JESUS' ONTOLOGICAL IDENTITY WITH GOD, NOT JESUS' "DIVINITY".
>>
>>2911117
so are you saying Arius never actually denied Jesus' divinity?
>>
>>2911116
heh?
>>
>>2910508
Christians, as a rule, tend not to read the Bible. Otherwise, they wouldn't say retarded things like the NT doesn't contradict the OT.
>>
Only priests should be allowed to read the bible
>>
>>2912266
?
>>
>>2912062
Jesus is a second, inferior divine being.

Arianism is thus neither unitarian, nor trinitarian.
>>
>>2912266
t. didn't read the Bible
>>
>>2913521
Tell me, do the names Amaziah and Azariah ring any bells? They should.
>>
>>2913535
You're not making any points there, just being a pretentious ass.
>>
>>2910508
Jesus' divinity isn't well defined.
Arius didn't claim Jesus isn't divine, he claimed He isn't consubstantial with Father. That He isn't eternal and He's fallible.

Actually Arius had a problem with morality of the Son - if Logos cannot fall into sin, His sacrifice had no value because He couldn't say no to Fathers order. So Logos should be potentially fallible but He didn't fall because He has chosen to obey the Father. But that means Logos isn't divine as Father because Fathet is infallible.
That was Arius' problem and he dealt with it by saying that Jesus was divine but created and not like Father.
>>
>>2913550
I am, if you had the basic theological literacy to know that the OT and the NT give different Davidic lines, which you clearly don't.
>>
>>2913791
After Arius' rejection those problem didn't go away. Actually as far as I remember it was second council in Nikaea (? I may be wrong) that dealt with it by saying that Jesus had two wills - divine will of Logos that couldn't fall and fallible will of human which potencially could fall but didn't.
After I got to know those things I finally understood not only Arius but also monoteletr controversy. Before I didn't understand the doctrine of two wills in Christ, but it became clear and rational to me.
>>
Arius died an ugly death that left no question God did not approve of his heresy
>>
>>2914369

Or he was assassinated by rivals and God had nothing to do with it/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.