[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taiping Heavenly Kingdom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Taiping2.png (307KB, 910x675px) Image search: [Google]
Taiping2.png
307KB, 910x675px
Would China have been better off if the Taiping rebels had won?
>>
>>2908379
It'd be very hard to determine this objectively. If you think Christianity is good and communism is bad (like me), the obvious answer is yes. If you are a Maoboo, the answer is no.
>>
>would afghanistan been better if the Taliban one
No, religious rebels are always retarded
>>
>>2908397
Kys Maoboo.
>>
>>2908379
I still don't get just HOW that actually managed to be a thing
>>
>>2908436
there were a lot of people that hated the Qing's guts
>>
>>2908463

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Rebellion#Origins

"Qing-dynasty China in the early to mid-19th century suffered a series of natural disasters, economic problems and defeats at the hands of the Western powers, in particular the humiliating defeat in 1842 by the British Empire in the First Opium War. Farmers were heavily overtaxed, rents were rising, and peasants were deserting their lands in droves.[16] These problems were only exacerbated by a trade imbalance caused by the large-scale illicit import of opium.[17] Banditry was becoming more common, as were secret societies and self-defense units, all of which led to an increase in small-scale warfare.[18] Meanwhile, the population of China had exploded, nearly doubling between 1766 and 1833, while the amount of cultivated land was stagnant.[19] The government, led by ethnic Manchus, was seen by many Han Chinese as ineffective and corrupt. Anti-Manchu sentiments were strongest in southern China among the Hakka community, a Han Chinese subgroup.[20]"

Holy shit.
>>
>>2908397
>Taliban separates the genders and bans women's education

>Taiping separates the genders to create all female fighting units, barracks and education program

Are you retarded?
>>
>>2908395
That's assuming it would qualify as Christianity.
If Mormonism can't make the cut I don't see this strange Chinese syncretism ever being accepted as mainstream.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.