[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Churchill want to invade Germany via the eastern med

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Why did Churchill want to invade Germany via the eastern med rather than through northern France?
>>
>>2907646
Because Churchill saw the world primarily through political action and how great things would be if they worked out perfectly instead of tactical/operational assessements.

Going through Yugoslavia and striking up from the south pre-empts the Soviets in occupying a lot of Eastern Europe, and is in some ways a natural continuation of the sealift presence in the Med already to support the invasion of Italy. The fact that it's much harder to provide air support, and the terrain is much rougher, are details, surely your commanders are up to the task of dealing with them.
>>
>>2907662
Also, he wanted to limit Soviet influence in Eastern Europe after the war. FDR was a commie autist and said to trust Uncle Jo.
>>
>>2907672
The guy you're replying to said that in the first post.
>>
>>2907700
Sorry, my bad. I'm still waking up.
>>
File: Old Glory.gif (2MB, 1568x393px) Image search: [Google]
Old Glory.gif
2MB, 1568x393px
>>2907646

Because he just isn't very bright.
>>
>>2908579
seconding this
>>
Because he wanted to save more of Europe from the Soviets.
>>
>>2908579

>there are people who unironically think this is really battle footage, despite the second guy throwing himself off screen like he's a red shirt in Star Trek
>>
>>2907662
because leaving all east to soviets worked so perfectly, right?
>>
>>2908723
Do you have a reading problem, or a thinking problem?

Yes, if the "strike to the underbelly" operation went perfectly, it would be far more favorable political situation, where the west was concerned, than the historical one. What if it didn't go perfectly? The Adriatic is far wider than the Channel, which means that your shorter ranged fighters can't cover the operations from new airfields in SE italy, and you'll have to cut back on your strat bombing (which is necessary to destroy transportation infrastructure that prevents rapid counterattacks on your beachheads) in order to cover the landings themselves. What if it goes about as well as Gallipoli did? Or you get another slow, grinding advance up through the Yugoslavian hills, and as a result, Stalin beats you to all of Germany, not just half of it?
>>
>>2908739
yeah, because only Germans populated Balkans

>>2908739
>as a result, Stalin beats you to all of Germany, not just half of it?
what's the difference? too much to sell then?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.