[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a devout Protestant anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: LordAndSavior.jpg (9KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
LordAndSavior.jpg
9KB, 284x178px
Ask a devout Protestant anything
>>
Without looking it up, what is the Pythagorean theorem
>>
>>2906094
idk, but I heard it in a really stupid rap song by The Lost Children of Babylon before though
>>
File: 1447775904961.jpg (8KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
1447775904961.jpg
8KB, 284x178px
>>2906097
>idk
>>
how can you have faith in god when you consider the horrible unfairness of the world we live in? Why would god put us in a world where innocent children suffer and die from disease?
>>
>>2906111
I don't think the existence of evil is a logical argument against God. I think me saying "God could use the evil for a good purpose" is a valid response.
I could defend from emotion, since its ultimately a emotional question, and say that the evil in the would be entirely meaningless and there'd be no chance of recompense in the afterlife without some sort of divine lawgiver
>>
File: mlk.gif (112KB, 319x561px) Image search: [Google]
mlk.gif
112KB, 319x561px
>>2906090
How do you interpret this in a way that doesn't lead to the conclusion that YHWH sanctioned child sacrifice as a prank?

>and I defiled them through their very gifts in their offering up all their firstborn, that I might devastate them. I did it that they might know that I am the LORD.
Ezekiel 20:26
>>
>>2906094
The square root of a squared plus b squared equals c on a right angled triangle where a and b are either side of the triangle that isn't the hypotenuse and c is the hypotenuse

This can be flipped for when trying to find a or b (the square root of c squared minus a or b squared)
>>
Do you ever fap? If so, do you pray to God to forgiveness each time?
>>
>>2906182
>How do you interpret this in a way that doesn't lead to the conclusion that YHWH sanctioned child sacrifice as a prank?
sounds like you're going to reduce my answer to that no matter what
verse 31 further explains that they did it on their own. as for "I defiled them" God isn't responsible because he made them, hes taking the blame because he withdrew his influence from them for their idolatry (v22)
>>2906193
yes and yes
>>
Why do you hate God?
>>
File: PopeBow.jpg (33KB, 440x348px) Image search: [Google]
PopeBow.jpg
33KB, 440x348px
>>2906225
>>
Whats your favorite sex toy you degenerate.
>>
>>2906231
>implying I'm a Cucktholic
>>
>>2906210
from what I can tell scholars don't view 31 as an explanation that makes 26 not literally true, but rather these transgressions were given punishment with further human sacrifice. verse 14:9 gives another example where YHWH says that he mislead as punishment:

>And if a prophet is seduced and does speak a word [to such a man], it was I the Lord who seduced that prophet; I will stretch out My hand against him and destroy him from among My people Israel
>>
>>2906245
what action exactly do you think God is forcing upon someone in 14:9?
>>
>>2906262
I never said that he forced anyone to do anything, but that he did exactly this: "Moreover, I gave them laws that were not good and rules by which they could not live" (ezekiel 20:25, importantly right before the child sacrifice verse I used earlier)
>>
File: 1402030062915.jpg (59KB, 441x539px) Image search: [Google]
1402030062915.jpg
59KB, 441x539px
>>2906090
When will you wake up?
>>
>>2906090
which denomination?

What is your views in the current liberal trend of European Lutheranism? (like the scandinavian state churches)
>>
>>2906090
Is the sum of the natural numbers really equal to -1/12th?
>>
>>2906090
If Sola Scriptura really is true, then how did the church function before the Bible was compiled in 382?

Related to that -- if Sola Scriptura is true, then why was a council held (in Acts 15) to cover an issue that was not in scripture, AND the final decision was considered authoritative to all believers?

If Sola Fide is true, then why is the only time the phrase "faith alone" is mentioned in the Bible, it says we are not justified by faith alone? (James 2:24)
>>
File: garden-of-eden.jpg (274KB, 806x617px) Image search: [Google]
garden-of-eden.jpg
274KB, 806x617px
>>2906090
Why do you worship and unjust wrathful evil wretch?
>>
>>2906090
How do you vote? How does your religion affect that?

Are your parents Protestant? If so, do you think you would be if they weren't?
>>
>>2906090
How do you deal with the obvious problems in the Gospels, or the contradictions between Acts and Paul's epistles, or the contradictions between Pauline epistles and the Old Testament?
>>
>>2908271

>All this terrible grammar and spelling

Really strikes me as someone who knows their shit, I tell you what.

>>2908311

There are none.
>>
>>2906094
a^2 + b^2 = c^2
>>
File: Knox.jpg (674KB, 2196x1671px) Image search: [Google]
Knox.jpg
674KB, 2196x1671px
God bless ye OP!
>>
>>2906090
What does it feel like to be a hypocrite?
>>
>>2908388
Quick, is ignorantly worshiping idols something God will overlook?

Bonus question. How many generations were there between David's kingship and the exile to Babylon?
>>
>>2908720

1) Probably
2) 14.
>>
>>2908727
>Probably
Paul says you're wrong in Romans 1:18-23, Knowledge of God has always been evident.

>2) 14.
Oh, so you're contradicting the Chronicler? 1 Chronicles 3 makes it pretty clear that it goes

>David, Solomon, Rehoboam, Abiah, Asa, Jehospahat, Joram, Ahaziah, Josah, Amaziah, Azariah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah, Manasseh, Amon, Josiah, Jehoiakim.

which makes 18, which is a different number than the 14 you're getting from Matthew.
>>
>>2908758

You're wrong and you know why you're wrong.
>>
>>2908758

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-timeline/genealogy/problems-with-basic-math/

>18

Nah.

BTFO
>>
>>2906090
What edition of the Bible do you read?
>>
>>2908009
>>2906090
>>
>>2909125
nice rebuttal
>>
>>2909157

Blatant lies require no rebuttal.
>>
>>2909145
>But Jeconiah is not listed here by name; rather, the deportation is named. This is a significant point.

>Jeconiah was only king for a short time, recorded as doing evil and was young, being only 18 when he took the crown (2 Chronicles 36:9). So, there is no reason to assume that Matthew included Jeconiah as a full generation (which is what Matthew is writing about). So, from David to the deportation (not including Jeconiah), there are 14 generations.
this has to be the dumbest thing i've ever read
>>
>>2908262
>If Sola Scriptura really is true, then how did the church function before the Bible was compiled in 382?
I'm guessing you've never read any church fathers
>if Sola Scriptura is true, then why was a council held (in Acts 15) to cover an issue that was not in scripture
Because God was still delivering revelation. Sola Scriptura is only true from the moment of revelational cessation. Also, that issue was covered in scripture, hence why scripture is quoted in the proceedings.
>AND the final decision was considered authoritative to all believers?
Because it was revelation from God
>If Sola Fide is true, then why is the only time the phrase "faith alone" is mentioned in the Bible, it says we are not justified by faith alone?
Because the faith which alone justifies is not alone.
>>
>>2909169

Just because it proves you wrong doesn't mean it's dumb. Sounds like you're not as smart as you thought you were.
>>
what denomination my man
>>
>>2908758
http://www.contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/?p=1179
>>
>>2909179
for one the exile was 80 years, traditionally 2 generations in the bible
>>
>>2909229
>>2909228

There is no contradiction
>>
The fact you won't say what denomination you are is a bit suspicious
>>
>>2909247
Maybe he's non-denom.
>>
How do you feel about Max Weber?
>>
>>2909256
literal scum
>>
>>2906090
Have you ever changed denominations? I used to live in the Deep South, and in the town I lived in, people were changing from Baptist to Presbyterian like it was no big deal. How do you differentiate the different denominations, and why do you think yours is right?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.