[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Questions about Christianity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Blackbeard.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Blackbeard.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
I'm a complete layman when it comes to religion,and every time I've looked into the following questions, I either get further confused or recieve biased answers:

Why wasn't Christianity focused in the middle east, the area it was written in and by?

How come the Jews are the chosen ones? With this mindset, how do some people who aren't deal with this?

What language was the original manuscript in?

Does Jesus have a bloodline?
>>
>>2905174
>Why wasn't Christianity focused in the middle east, the area it was written in and by?

It was until Islam took over. Constantinople and Rome were considered far less important than Antioch, Jerusalem, and Alexandria.

>How come the Jews are the chosen ones? With this mindset, how do some people who aren't deal with this?

This is simply a Judaism/Old Covenant thing. Christianity equalized Jews and Gentiles under the New Covenant (all people are equal under Christ)

>What language was the original manuscript in
Probably Aramaic (the lingua franca of the levant)

>Does Jesus have a bloodline
Canon scripture makes no mention of it.
>>
>>2905174
>Why wasn't Christianity focused in the middle east, the area it was written in and by?

Christ's message has been for a global audience since the beginning when he command His disciples to preach the Gospel "to the ends of the earth."

>How come the Jews are the chosen ones?

Paul teaches us that a true Jew is one inwardly; meaning those that honor God and this includes accepting His Son. Those who accept Christ are chosen.

>What language was the original manuscript in?

The earliest manuscripts we have are in Koine.

>Does Jesus have a bloodline?

All Christians are washed in His blood and carry Christ within us.
>>
>>2905174

Old Testament was in Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic; New Testament was in Koine Greek

As anon above me said, there's no mention of it in the Bible; it's only a hypothesis
>>
>>2905185
no the heartland of early christianity was anatolia and greece. there's a reason that the oldest christian texts we have are all in greek and that the latin translation of the OT was taken from the septuagent
>>
>>2905202
>Why wasn't Christianity focused in the Middle East, the area it was written in and by?

From its start, Christianity was pretty widespread. Traditions hold that the Apostles went as far as the English Isles and Spain in the west and India in the East. However, there were still plenty of Christians in the Middle East until Islam became dominant.

>How come the Jews are the chosen ones? With this mindset, how do some people who aren't deal with this?

The "chosen people" thing was only in the Old Testament. Basically, they were meant from the start to be the race that would be prepared to bear the Messiah. Once they had served this purpose, the Gentiles received equal treatment. Most laws that were mandatory for the OT Jews (circumcision, clean food laws, etc.) were not required in Christianity, as the New Testament says. Most people who were not Jews in the Old Testament, however, did not want to be Jews, unless they married into Jewish bloodlines. The Jews had quite a few enemies throughout their history.
>>
File: 1317916412370.jpg (12KB, 257x287px) Image search: [Google]
1317916412370.jpg
12KB, 257x287px
>>2905185
>replacement theology
>>
File: oyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg (37KB, 366x464px) Image search: [Google]
oyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
37KB, 366x464px
>>2905300
>>
>People saying Christ has no bloodline

Literally what the fuck are you talking about? The first book of the New Testament opens with Christ's genealogy.
>>
>>2905174
It used to be, but then Muslims forcibly converted them.

By the time of the First Crusade, 2/3 of the Christian world had disappeared.
>>
>>2905537
Causes one to ponder
>>
>>2905174
It was mostly centered around Greece, Anatolia (modern day Turkey), the Levant, and North Africa. It was outpaced by Islam in the centuries since the various caliphates took it over, and even then most of those countries retain significant Christian minorities.

Specifically referring to Christianity, this was decided rather early on (around 50 AD) by St. Paul, who said that one did not need to follow Jewish law to be saved. Ergo, Christianity was not just a sect of Judaism.

The Gospels were originally written Aramaic (the common language of Judea then) and a Greek dialect known as Koine Greek.

In terms of descendants? No. Most Christian churches say he remained celibate. There is a genealogy at the start of some gospels that traces the parentage of Joseph to the kings of Israel.
>>
>>2905244
Well there are the various quotations from a "Hebrew" gospel including from Jerome. But yeah probably the rest of the NT was written in Greek.
>>
>>2905174

Depending on how broadly you define Middle East, it was originally. However, the Muslims took over Israel, Antioch, Egypt, etc. pretty early in Christianity's history, so the "power" of Christianity shifted to Rome and Byzantium.

Well, the Jews made Judaism. Why would you make a religion where you aren't the chosen race? Jews are no longer the chosen race, Jews were replaced.

Biblical Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek, depending on the book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_languages

There is no evidence for Christ's biological descendants, so I'm leaning towards "no".
>>
>>2905244
The reason the the oldest christian texts are in greek is that Greek was spoken by all the people of the regions of Alexander's empire long after his death, and during the roman times.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but I will answer from what I know and remember.

Cultures usually change over time and Christianity had influence from several Europeans or European sympathizers like Paul, the Greeks, and the Romans

Judaism and Christianity are culturally pretty different religions, Judaism is a tribe/culture based religion, all "chosen one" means is that their people are in a contract with G-d, and that contract, from what I know, are the rules set upon Jews to follow (don't eat pork).
>>
>>2905174
It was until Islam.

Israel failed God. That's why Jesus extended the welcome into heaven to gentiles too. The Israelites aren't the chosen ones anymore since they rejected Jesus. But the Jews who do follow Jesus can still be saved.

OT was in Hebrew. NT was in Greek, besides Revelation which was in broken Arameric I think.

He doesn't have children if that's what you're asking. He's biologically related to Mary though.
>>
>>2905566
>There is a genealogy at the start of some gospels that traces the parentage of Joseph to the kings of Israel.

But if Jesus isn't Joseph's son then what does this mean?
>>
>>2907897
It means the prophecy was kinda fulfilled since Joseph was kinda Jesus's father.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.