[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The abrahamic God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 77.jpg (23KB, 445x316px) Image search: [Google]
77.jpg
23KB, 445x316px
Do Christians, Jews, and Muslims all believe in the same God? It depends on you ask, but a few Orthodox Jews I've talked to, while they believe Islam is a false docterine, believe that Islam worships the same God as Judaism. These people I've had conversations with go on to say that Christianity's emphasis on the trinity makes it not the same God as Judaism. Is this true /his/? How would you explain the trinity? More casual Jews in the reform/conservative branches I've talked seem to not care about it as much or seem themselves worshiping the same God in my experience.
>>
>>2902764
The difference with Christianity is that it emphasizes the Godliness of Yeshua part. This is essential to Christianity. Not believing that Yeshua is the son of God amounts to rejection of salvation and even God himself. To Jews this is blasphemy and Muslims probably see it the same but probably with less severity.
>>
>>2902885
>>2902764
>angels, intermediaries, subdivisions, emanations, Godhead
>monotheistic

Hasidic tradition holds that the divine consists of ten sefirot (attributes or emanations). This has been described as a strand of Judaism which may seem at odds with Jewish commitments to monotheism

Any belief that an intermediary between humanity and God could be used, whether necessary or even optional, has traditionally been considered heretical
>>
>>2902959
Yeah definitely a lot of variances but Muslims and Jews defer to a single entity while Christians have the added obligation keep the memory of the sacrifice and revere it which to them may be the same but to the Muslims and Jews is not. Islamic theology itself is probably the most tolerant even if it may have not always been the case in its practical implementation.
>>
>>2902996
sacrifice is a central theme in abrahamic faiths, and originates from pagan ritual sacrifice.

ancient pagan ritual sacrifice ("trial by fire" ) to moloch rebranded as redemption/endure persecution. Covenants were sealed by sacrificing a living being, redemption was sealed by sacrifice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritual_slaughter
>>
>>2903005
Yeah sure just like ordinary things like fire and tools originated with probably irreligious prehistoric hominids.
The difference of the sacrifice revered by Christians is its divine and human nature.
>>
>>2902764
Christians worship "the God", Jews worship "Satan" and Muslims worship some pagan god who called himself "the God" to leach followers from Christians but was one of inspirations for Christian "Satan", so yeah in some way Jews and Muslims do worship the same god and you could say that all three "believe" in the same god as well.
>>
>>2903035
t. Christian ignoramus
The reality is they both reject God through the rejection of his son.
>>
>>2903040
I never said either of them accept our God,
>all three "believe" in the same god as well
was about Satan.
>>
>>2902764
>Do Christians, Jews, and Muslims all believe in the same God? It depends on you ask, but a few Orthodox Jews I've talked to, while they believe Islam is a false docterine, believe that Islam worships the same God as Judaism. These people I've had conversations with go on to say that Christianity's emphasis on the trinity makes it not the same God as Judaism. Is this true /his/?
Yes. Christians worship the Father, while Muslims and Jews worship Jaldabaoth.
>>
It's not so much who they worship but rather how they're deceived away from God by 'the adversary'. I still doesn't mean the 'slanderer' himself is actually worshiped, revered, adored, or venerated.
>>
So how well documented is the Babalyonian exile? It's when Jews adopted the single God right? Edjewcate me.
>>
File: 1487310568387.png (41KB, 379x298px) Image search: [Google]
1487310568387.png
41KB, 379x298px
>>2902764
They are all abrahamic religions. You could therefore say that they all belive in the same God.
Though, the Christian God is basically love and Islam have 99 words for God, where love isn't one of them. From a Jewish perspecive you could say that the other religions focuses on the wrong things when they are talking about God.

The answer really varies depending on who you ask.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.