[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top 100 Most Powerful Men in Nazi Germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: goering.jpg (96KB, 537x650px) Image search: [Google]
goering.jpg
96KB, 537x650px
Can /his/ help me gather a list of the highest-ranking men in the Third Reich? I'm trying to see which ones where punished and which ones weren't. But aside from the usual names (Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebbels, etc.) it's surprisingly hard to find a comprehensive list of all the highest-ranking German political and military officials. Preferably, I'd like to list the top 100. I've got 57 so far, which I'll list in the posts after this one (along with their fates) due to word limitations. Who else should be added to hit 100?
>>
>>2902310
[1/3]
Hitler's Inner Circle:

>1. Adolf Hitler [Fuhrer]: committed suicide.
>2. Herman Goering [Marshall of the Reich]: sentenced to death, then committed suicide.
>3. Heinrich Himmler [Reichsführer-SS]: committed suicide
>4. Walter Von Brautistch [Commander-in-Chief of the Army]: died in prison
>5. Joseph Goebbels [Minister for Propaganda]: committed suicide
>6. Wilhelm Keitel [Chief of the High Command]: executed
>7. Alfred Jodl [Chief of Operations Staff]: executed
>8. Karl Doenitz [Commander-In-Chief of the Navy]: imprisoned for 10 years
>9. Martin Bormann [Staff of the Deputy Führer]: killed during the war, sentenced to death in abstentia
>10. Rudolph Hess [Deputy Fuhrer]: died in prison
>11. Wilhelm Frick [Minister of the Interior]: executed
>12. Otto Thierack [Minister of Justice]: committed suicide
>13. Walther Funk [Minister of Economics]: imprisoned for 12 years, let out due to ill-health, died shortly after
>14. Albert Speer [Minister of Armaments]: imprisoned for 20 years
>15. Philipp Bouhler [Chief of the Chancellery of the Führer and SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: committed suicide

Reichskommissars:
>16. Josef Grohé (Belgium): imprisoned for 10 years
>17. Arthur Seyss-Inquart (Netherlands): executed
>18. Josef Terboven (Norway): committed suicide
>19. Hinrich Lohse (Baltics): imprisoned for 10 years
>20. Erich Koch (Ukraine): died in prison
>21. Siegfried Kasche (Moscow): executed
>>
>>2902310
>>2902328
[2/3]
Field Marshals and equivalents:

>22. Erich von Manstein: imprisoned for 8 years
>23. Erwin Rommel: committed suicide during the war
>24. Walther von Reichenau: died during the war
>25. Fedor Von Bock: killed during the war
>26. Erhard Milch: imprisoned for 10 years
>27. Albert Kesselring: imprisoned for 7 years
>28. Werner von Blomberg: died in prison
>29. Günther von Kluge: committed suicide during the war
>30. Wilhelm List: imprisoned for 7 years
>31. Gerd von Rundstedt: imprisoned for a few years, let out due to ill-health, died shortly after
>32. Hugo Sperrle: acquitted
>33. Erwin von Witzleben: committed suicide during the war
>34. Georg von Küchler: imprisoned for 8 years
>35. Friedrich Paulus: acquitted
>36. Ernst Busch: died in prison
>37. Paul Ludwig Ewald von Kleist: died in prison
>38. Maximilian von Weichs: never tried, lived to die of natural causes
>39. Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen: died in prison
>40. Walter Model: committed suicide
>41. Ferdinand Schörner: imprisoned for 12 years
>42. Robert Ritter von Greim: committed suicide
>43. Hans-Georg von Friedeburg [Commander-in-Chief of the Kriegsmarine]: committed suicide
>44. Erich Raeder [Grand Admiral]: imprisoned for 10 years, let out due to ill-health, died shortly after
>45. Franz Xaver Schwarz [SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: died in prison
>46. Sepp Dietrich [SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: imprisoned for 12 years
>47. Kurt Daluege [SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: executed
>48. Paul Hasseur [SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: acquitted
>>
>>2902310
>>2902328
>>2902342
[3/3]
Reichsleiters:

>49. Max Amman [also SS-Gruppenfuhrer]: imprisoned for 12 years, stripped of all property and assets, died in poverty a few years after release
>50. Walter Buch [also SS-Obergruppenführer]: committed suicide in prison
>51. Richard Darre [also Reichsminister of Food]: imprisoned for 5 years, let out due to ill-health, died three years later
>52. Otto Dietrich [also SS-Obergruppenführer and Press Chief of Nazi Germany]: imprisoned for 5 years, let out early due to ill-health, died shortly after
>53. Franz von Epp [Reichsstatthalter]: died in prison
>54. Hans Frank [Governor-General of the General Government]: executed
>55. Konstantin Hierl [Director of the Reich Labour Service]: imprisoned for 5 years
>56. Robert Ley [Head of the German Labour Front]: committed suicide in prison
>57. Viktor Lutze [Stabschef]: killed during war
>58. Alfred Rosenberg [Leader of the Foreign Policy Office of the NSDAP]: executed
>59. Baldur von Schiaruch [Reichsjugendführer]: imprisoned for 20 years

Other:
>60. Reinhard Heydrich [Director of the Reich Main Security Office, also SS-Obergruppenführer]: killed during the war
>61. Ernst Kaltenbrunner [Director of the Reich Main Security Office, also SS-Obergruppenführer]: executed
>62. Joachim von Ribbentrop [Foreign Minister]: executed

Added a few more names while transcribing, so the initial number I gave in the OP is already off. Sorry. Anyway, any other names to put up?
>>
I found a convenient list of Gauleiters and their fates (Nazi Party regional branch leaders, second only to Reichsleiters). They could practically pad out the list on their own, as there were 44 of them. But I still feel like I'm missing some other really important people more worthy of those spots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gauleiters

> Of the 44 former Gauleiter of the NSDAP thirteen committed suicide when Nazi Germany surrendered, eight were executed by the allies after the war, one was executed by the SS and one died in Soviet captivity. By 1954, when Karl Wahl became the first former Gauleiter to publish his memoirs, eight were still missing, three in jail and the remaining ten were free men.
>>
>>2902328
goebbels lower than Von Brautistch?
>>
Ernst "Putzi" Hanfstaengl, close friend to Hitler and head of the Foreign Press Bureau. Defected in '37 after likely being set up to die by Hitler.
>>
>>2902865
Keep in mind it's not a ranked list (yet), I'm just trying to list them first. Plus I'm not sure how to directly compare the ranks of people in different organizations.

>>2903003
Thanks. Adding him to the list.
>>
>>2902328
Himmler wasn't really part of Hitler's inner circle the way Goebbels and Goering were and apparently interacted with him very little.

High up in the power structure doesn't necessarily mean inner circle. Just thought I'd correct that.
>>
>>2904284
I thought Himmler got so high in the first place due to nepotism?
>>
>>2902310
>fat lardos in military uniforms
it just doesn't work
>>
Bumparoo.
>>
>>2902328
Goebbels should be #2
>>
>>2904707
>Agriculture minister Walter Darré once visited Göring as the Reichsmarschall’s valet was dressing him. A second servant presented a cushion on which lay 12 rings—four each of red, blue, and green. “Today, I am displeased,” Göring told Darré with no small amount of campiness. “So we shall wear a deeper hue. But we also desire to show that we are not beyond hope. So we shall wear the green.” On another occasion, a woman invited to tea found the Luftwaffe commander wearing a toga, jewel-encrusted sandals, and rouged lips.
Goring is fucking hilarious quite frankly
>>
>>2906975
Speer dedicated his like to dindu nuffin, Doenitz wrote a book about the Battle of The Atlantic and that's about it, it really varied from person to person, some of the SS guys were pretty fucked
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.