[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did European countries really improved themselves because of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: flag_map_of_colonial_africa_1939.png (197KB, 2000x2050px) Image search: [Google]
flag_map_of_colonial_africa_1939.png
197KB, 2000x2050px
did European countries really improved themselves because of colonialism and getting rich by taking ressources from their colonies ? i see alot of others saying it was an economical burden and that the West didn't destroy the colonies. so what is it really ? redpill me on colonialism please
>>
>>2902176
Yes and no. King Leopold obtained a lot of personal wealth from the Congo but not so much for the state. Many countries benefited from the resources, labour and potential soldiers from the conquered territories but sometimes colonies were a bit of a drain, Germany was drained by its African holdings and Bismarck even said he hoped Germany wouldn't establish colonies because of that, Italy's also drained it somewhat.

Profitable colonialism occurred in places like the British Raj, Dutch East Indies and foreign power concessions in China (British, French, Japanese) which actually did deliver a lot of wealth to the colonial master, especially India which was the ever important heart of the British Empire.
>>
That's an excuse by Marxists/racial egalitarian to justify the white race''s wealth and Afrixa''s poverty. The most developed African countries are the most colonized.
>>
>>2902176
the only thing important is that they messed with a different culture, forever changing the history of the continent. calling it good or bad is just a matter of perspective, the invaders will claim they brought development, the invaded that they brought guns.
>>
File: IMG_1324.png (2MB, 1484x1432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1324.png
2MB, 1484x1432px
What could possibly go wrong by making arbitrary borders which don't take local populations into account at all?
>>
>>2902176
Depends. Africa? Absolutely not. The entire continent was a budget black hole for Europe and was only really colonized as an ego stroking thing.
>>
>>2902200
>Implying all borders weren't created with little regard to local populations
Alot of people seem to not understand how this whole "border" thing works. One group of people consolidates power over an opposing group of people. This has happened 100% of the time.
>>
>>2902200
The kingdoms in your picture didnt either
>>
>>2902192
What kind of colonization? You say that word like it means the same strategy and methods for everyone.
>>
>>2903383
Borders were always based on geography before Napoleon and in most places it still takes precedence. But now people think these lines mean anything in reality. In fact it's assisted in ethnic cleansing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.