[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portugal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: portuguese_age_of_discovery.png (2MB, 1600x987px) Image search: [Google]
portuguese_age_of_discovery.png
2MB, 1600x987px
Can I have a quick rundown on the portuguese?
>>
>>2900710
Failures
>>
>>2900710
They fell for the Britain is our greatest ally meme which lead to their demise.
>>
>>2900717

this.
>>
>>2900710
A crusader state that ran out of likely targets, decided to send it's younger Noble sons off to sail east around Morocco and the Egyptian sultan to circumnavigate taxes and find prestor John. They ended up around Africa, successfully outflanking the mamluks and causing 30 years of havoc in the Indian sea, and started importing spice and shut from there at great profir. So much so venician and geonisian sailors/shipbuilders worked with the sultan to build Western ships ymto fight them in the red Sea.

Despite all this, they won, and made loads of money sailing all over the world, founding the longest lasting euro colonies in Africa, and the largest state in South America.

Unfortunately, mainland Portugal was small, poor, and very religious (remember crusaders). Thus they fell behind larger Spain, and later Protestant empires.

Still better than Italy though
>>
>>2900710
rightful spanish clay, 1640 is worst day of my life
>>
>>2900710
Even more perfidious than the Anglos. As evidenced by the fact that they kept their colonial empire until 1975 without anyone really noticing.
>>
>>2900760
Sorry for the typos, I'm a drunk phone poster
>>
>>2900717
What are you talking about? Only time the brits really messed with Portugal was during the british ultimatum/pink map
>>
Does Portugal have any legitimate claims towards Galicia?
>>
>>2900782
No but both share a very similar culture and language
>>
>>2900782
No, that's in Poland, not Portugal, I know Poles are Poor's, but let's be real here.
>>
>>2900710
they are black

>>2900782
the Galician language is just a dialect of Portuguese, it would really pleas my autism to see them linked with Portugal it makes me sad
>>
>>2900793
there's more than one gaul nigga
>>
>>2900854
Gual was in France bro, nothing to do with Portuguese or Galacians
>>
>>2900710
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
>>
7% of the population is illiterate
>>
It starts with one thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
>>
>>2900710
Cucked themselves into irrelevance. The last time they thought that moving the best people out of the country before Napoleon could catch them would be a good idea for the country
>>
>>2900782
No
Even if galicians want it, just because they either think they're portuguese or celts and they're not either
>>
>tw Iberia will never be united
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.