[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolutism and Fascism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg (2MB, 1390x1975px) Image search: [Google]
Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg
2MB, 1390x1975px
Can the rise of absolutist monarchs in 17th century Europe be seen as a sort of proto-fascism? Were there any key differences between the two systems, either politically or culturally?
>>
Absolutism was about getting rid of rebellious nobles, and had nothing to do with "the people" or "the nation" that were so important to the Fascists. It was just one end of an Aristocratic squabble, and the Fascists were extremely anti-aristocrat
>>
>>2900703
Fascism was more march-y and police-y. Abs Monarchies were more tradition-y and aristocratic.
>>
File: T03676_10.jpg (255KB, 1102x1536px) Image search: [Google]
T03676_10.jpg
255KB, 1102x1536px
>>2900703
All Ideologies died in the 20th century.
You have to come up with a new one to fit the current world we live in.
>>
>>2900703
Well it would be proto-fascism compared to someone like Napoleon who would be fascist (Bonapartism). So what marks the split between proto-fascism and fascism would be the events between absolute monarchy and Napoleon i.e. the Enlightenment and the revolution. So Enlightenment ideas of the nation aren't applicable to absolute monarchy and I'd say that's where the key difference lies. So to answer you question yes probably, but no doubt there are other people who know more.
>>
>>2900740
That's a pretty fancy way of saying "I don't know"
>>
>>2900759
Well I was saying "here's what I do know"
>>
Fascism is a complex political, and social ideology that has a lot of opinions on a lot of things. Absolutism was a strictly political ideology that was really just Monarchs seeking to be independent of vassal nobility. Although both do have the similarity of an all-powerful leader, fascism seeks to actively use this total power to completely regulate society, whereas Absolutists do not. Fascism could arise independently of, or even in opposition to, Absolutism.
>>
>>2900703
>Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg

swank joyeuse
>>
>>2900703
They have barely anything in common accept both being authoritarian.

Can the ridiculous meme that anything authoritarian = fascism die please?
>>
File: 1461550723825.jpg (2MB, 1634x1269px) Image search: [Google]
1461550723825.jpg
2MB, 1634x1269px
No, OP, you're retarded.

Absolutism was more about controlling the nobles [i.e. your own government], than it was about controlling the people. It boiled down to the "Sun King" keeping his nobles under constant surveillance and unease.

Fascism is pretty vague. It revolves around making sure that your "group" maintains military and corporate superiority, even if that maintenance is held at the expense of those in the non-"group".

Fascism, in its theory, is a much more ancient form of government.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.