[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question about judaism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (123KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
123KB, 1533x961px
Do they accept any serious converts? The reason I ask this is because my soul says that its the only true religion, I've met jews that say they allow anybody who is serious at converting to convert, but I've seen people on here say they only allow outsiders with power to convert. Which is it, /his/?
>>
>>2900535
>Do they accept any serious converts?
Yes. Read Ruth.
>>
>>2900535

The current president's daughter converted, so I assume yes.
>>
>>2900535
You probably should take things people say on 4chan with grain of salt.
>>
>>2900547
>>2900547

but she has power, though
>>
Anyone can convert. I know lots of converts to Orthodox Judaism from when I studied in Yeshiva. ama
>>
>>2900619
Who is the best Gaon?
>>
>>2900619

I have a jewish friend which is part of the reason. He says they allow it, and I know about 5-10 Jewish people who act nice to me. I question it though because at the bottom of my soul I feel like "i'm not good enough" for them because so far, the ones I've met have acted nice to me.
>>
>>2900619

also, just how different are Orthodox and reform from each other?
>>
>>2900619
למה אתה כל כך שמן?
>>
>>2900640
Reform are basically atheist Jews who show up for temple for potluck dinners and bingo

Orthodox adhere to the doctrines of Judaism
>>
>>2900624
idk it's a matter of opinion
>>2900631
your good enough. there are two different schools of thought on converts: one comes from yehuda halevi (one particular medieval jewish thinker, though by no means representative of jewish thinkers from that period) and is pretty much universally disregarded in orthodox circles. that view being that a convert will never be as good as a real jew, but its acceptable if people want to convert. the other view, which is supported by some passage from exodus holds that converts are spiritually superior to natural born jews (in a kind of figurative sense anyway). most orthodox jews hold that view. in fact, i say "most" but ive never actually heard anyone contradict it.
>>2900640
reform is not real judaism
>>2900665
ani yoter razeh mi nitzol shoah
>>
>>2900714

How come most of the stereotypes come from orthodox even though they're the most spiritually un-materialistic?
>>
>>2900794
in what sense are they unmaterialistic? orthodox judaism isn't a homogenous group and judaism doesnt shun earning a living. on the one hand there are many orthodox jews that are quite successful and involved in worldly affairs―and then there's the welfare leeches (especially a problem in israel).
>>
>>2900809

I heard on wikipedia they were more spiritual and less focused on worldly things
>>
>>2900823
they aren't a homogenous group. you can't really sum up all orthodoxy in such a short phrase.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.