[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Austria Hungary=worst German ally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Austria Hungary=worst German ally
>>
>>2900054
I didn't realise this was up for debate
>>
>>2900054
>Marching into Serbia's artillery training field
pls let this be true
>>
>>2900284
Yes I require sauce
>>
>>2900054
They weren't that bad. They were the main contributor of troops during the Gorlice-Tarnow Offensive and subsequent Great Retreat that heavily damaged the IRA, and held the Italians at arm's length on their own for four years.
>>
>>2900284
I do know that the Austrians lost a lot of men and whole divisions when they invaded fucking Serbs and a lot of friendly fire happend between Austrians.Also Serbs killed more ausfags and bulgaries when they were literally being surrounded
>>
I need a sauce on that last one to make sure I havent just give my sides away for no reason.
>>
>>2900284
>>2900338
It's a figure of speech.
Serbian assessments and plans were that the Austro-Hungarians would attack strictly from the north over the Sava and the Danube, for various reasons (main war targets and it's relatively easy to attack)
But they attacked from the west, over the Drina, which the Serbian war strategy considered a stupid idea.
Tho, not being prepared the Serbian forces quickly managed to take up good strategic positions and wreck the A-H army. The Serbian artillery (tho not numerous and under supplied) had them right where they wanted them. That's where the whole "It was like they came straight into our training field" thing came from.
The Serbian army defeated 4 major A-H attacks that year, the last one completely caught Potiorek off guard (he was winning skirmishes) and made him go suicidal.
>>
>>2900284
>>2900338
>>2900426
>>2900474
I'm not finding shit. If anything, I'm learning that Serbians had an ammunition shortage and couldn't keep up against the Austria-Hungarians when they went into trench warfare.
>>
>>2900537
Watch a great ww1 documentary I believe it was around the 1960s and has 30 parts and I believe the Serbs did hold out for just 2 weeks but Servs did lose and get fucked badly but not without taking a lot of austros and Bulgars with them.
>>
>>2900054
They shot Czechs and Slovaks (their own army) because they sounded like Russians. Then you had Ukrainians and Poles divided between two empires and it was just a shitshow.

They should've had a military dialect.
>>
>>2900602
>millitary dialect
holy shit a millitary language would be cool as fuck and usefull even now a days.
>>
>>2900602
They had a military command language of 80 standard phrases in German. Junior officers at the company level were required to speak the language of the troops under their command. Regimental commanders were required to speak all the languages in common use in their regiment.

The worst problem was the Serbs, who speak literally the same language as Croats, putting on captured Austrian uniforms and infiltrating the lines.
>>
>>2900658
Was this a problem with other nations? Italy for example had just as many random languages as Austria-Hungary, with standard Italian only being widely spoken in central Italy and among the elite like German in AH.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.