[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /his/ like the War of the Roses?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Does /his/ like the War of the Roses?
>>
>>2899877
I did a paper on them. I came to the conclusion that they were actually pretty small scale, but they were remembered as HUGE.

This memory fuelled the autism of Henry VIII, and thus really wanted a son.
>>
>>2900119
Wars in the middle ages were generally small scale. The 100YW, that happened at the same time, wasnt that much larger
>>
>>2899877
Does /his/ like the Cousins' War
FTFY
>>
>>2900130
Yeah, but records said that the Battle of Towton had more than 20,000 dead, which would literally be a quarter of fighting-age men in England.

The level of disproportion concerning the memory of the Wars of the Roses is insane.
>>
>>2900195

>Yeah, but records said that the Battle of Towton had more than 20,000 dead, which would literally be a quarter of fighting-age men in England.
No it wouldn't be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_England

You have a rough population of about 1.9 million in 1450, of which about half will be women, so we have about 950,000 men. For the 20,000 dead at Towton to be 1/4 of fighting age men in England, we'd be positing that the "fighting ages" are about 8% of the population, which is ridiculous.
>>
>go back home after fighting a century long succession crisis
>get yet another succession crisis

hurts doesn't it?
>>
>>2899877
Richard III did nothing wrong
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.