[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite alt history timeline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: italian_empire_1939_1024.jpg (109KB, 1024x793px) Image search: [Google]
italian_empire_1939_1024.jpg
109KB, 1024x793px
The Italian Empire
>Italian Libya is considered part of Italy proper with a significant Italian population(The actual Italian population of Libya was like 13.9 percent in the late 1930's) and cultural synthesis between Berbers and Italians
>Italian colonial possessions are highly developed due to Italy's national focus of sending waves of unemployed Italian immigrants to its territories
>infrastructure actually happens
>natives are considered Italian Moslems
>An Italian land bridge stretching from Italian East Africa to Libya
>Italian Egypt

Why is this the worst fucking time line
>>
My favorite alt-history is Italy having its rightful Corsica.
>>
>>2898705
Modern Byzantium, here's my fanciful thinking:
>the fourth crusade never results in the sack of Constantinople
>the angeloi dynasty bring to the throne an able and charismatic leader that turns around the decadence of the byzantine empire through extensive reforms
>through a series of wars, take back the coast of anatolia, chios, and hold onto cypress
>instead of expanding, there is a focus on consolidation and economic progress
>negotiate defensive alliances with western after significant and difficult reconciliations in the face of the Islamic threat to ease pressure off the frontiers
>focus on integrating cultures into the Rhomaion fold to ease local instability
>establish the pax byzantion, a long period of peace and prosperity
>>
A modern Holy Roman Empire, or modern Byzantium.
The ottomans were defeated and pushed back at the siege of Constantinople
>>
>>2898898
>>2900191
>a few hundred years later Spain discovers the New World and downplaying of trade in the Mediterranean ends Modern Byzantium's relevance regardless, causing it to be fractured, balkanized, and made irrelevant
>>
>>2900200
What if the byzantines traveled to India to trade spices
>>
>>2900208
>proud Orthodox Byzantines trading with lowly heretic Mughals
>>
>>2900216
So raid their land then?
>>
>>2900216
>not converting the pagans like they did to the russians
>>
>>2898705
>and cultural synthesis between Berbers and Italians

Much as I'd like to think it'd happen this way, what would actually happen is that everyone north of Bologna would just think of the colonists and any integrated Berbers as smelly Arabs even more so than they do people who actually live in southern Italy. And an empowered Northern League.
>>
>>2898705
norse settling of north america being a success woulda been a cool scenario
>>
>>2900217
And get significantly weakened if not turned back by the Safavid dynasty at their peak on the way over, and then if they somehow manage to overthrow the Mughal Empire as well, they'd have to manage an incredibly wide range of land, subjugating millions of people of a different religion that had previously lived in reasonable peace, and then after 200-300 years the East India Company would assert dominance regardless
>>
>>2898705
I like the idea that the war of Spanish Succession was won enough to leave a Habsburg on the throne of Spain.
>>
If Italians poured into Libya, Eritrea and Somalia the same way they poured into the USA and Argentina you'd have a significant portion of Italians in those parts of the world along with cross-cultural diffusion indeed. The same is true for all the European colonial powers. The problem was that the USA and Argentina just made far too much more sense to your average Joe. Looking at the way history had played out and comparing modern Africa to USA or Argentina you can see that the ones who went to the USA and Argentina pretty much chose right. Meanwhile Europeans in Africa and Asia either fled back to the West with their tale between their legs or ended up murdered.
>>
>>2900200
new world exploration began because of the downfall of byzantium, they were the only link with asia and asian goods which the explorers wanted to find the origin of

the colonisation of the new world would have begun much later, I think this may have turned the new world into a battleground for the european powers likely a very violent place with much less of a passive process of colonisation (not that it was particularily passive to begin with)
>>
>>2900723
Basically no one lived in Libya though, you wouldn't actually need to move that many people there to get a plurality. Especially if you don't count desert nomads as part of the population. In 1940 the population stood at 861,000 of which ~120,000 were Italians.
>>
>>2900723
OP here. At the time Italians considered Italy the "new United States" for the economic opportunities in a relatively underdeveloped province. It was considered Italy's "fourth shore" and Italian farmers could make a decent living by actually using the land with modern technology. And since Libya was so unpopulated, it only took a few decades for Italians to make up almost a fourth of the national population. In my autistic Italian Empire fantasy, Libya actually has such a significant Italian population, and actually integrates Berbers effectively, it's literally considered a part of Italy. But, I doubt Italians would see Berbers as being anything else other than gross desert people.
>>
>>2900243
OP here. There would probably always be a stigma towards Berbers, but I feel like Italians could probably make up the majority of the population anyways. Considering the fact that Libya was very unpopulated, and Italians were just itching to leave Italy for literally any other place. And if the fascists had retained power, there would have been a pretty liberal attitude toward integrated Berbers. Mussolini called them Italian Moslems. And so did pretty much every Italian imperialist because of their Rome fetish.
>>
>>2900723
yea, because we didnt genocide the native population

trust me, if (((secular humanism))) and (((enlightenment values))) never existed, than whites would own Africa.

whites genocide the new world, what makes you think we wouldn't do it again

oh yea

kikes
>>
>>2898705
That's cute and all, but we can be sure che quell’idiota di Graziani farà una brutta fine.
>>
File: mosley kaiserreich.png (214KB, 300x439px) Image search: [Google]
mosley kaiserreich.png
214KB, 300x439px
>>2898705
>>
>>2898898

It still wouldn't have worked, because no matter what you do, the eternal venetians will always backstab you.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.