[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it the right thing to do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 800px-Nagasakibomb.jpg (132KB, 800x956px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Nagasakibomb.jpg
132KB, 800x956px
Was it the right thing to do?
>>
>>2896400
in hindsight i don't think so

it was the Russians storming through Manchuria with ease that made the Japanese surrender not the bombs

if we didn't use the bombs on Japan at this point we would have defiantly used them on china during the Korean war , and we could have really needed that bomb for that war
>>
Two wasn't enough.
>>
ethics doesn't exist lol
>>
>>2896412
Ethics are a spook
>>
>>2896411
>This
They wouldn't have surrendered and the inner city fighting street by street would have killed all of the americans.

We would have another Korea. A cease fire. Not a win.
>>
File: maxine stirner.jpg (50KB, 613x771px) Image search: [Google]
maxine stirner.jpg
50KB, 613x771px
>>2896437
What would Stirner say about atomic weapons?
>>
>>2896400
yes anyone who says otherwise is stupid. 1 million US deaths, countless more japs would die. Besides, firebombing of tokyo killed more than both bombs combined. Same with Dresden in Germany, but no one remembers that.
>>
File: bomber harris.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
bomber harris.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
>>2896583
>Same with Dresden in Germany, but no one remembers that.
The fuck did you just say
>>
>>2896590
Dresden was firebombed and more people were killed in those bombings than the atomic bombs. I am stating that the atom bombs are not as big a deal as they are made out to be, since ordinary bombings were much more destructive, both in Japan but also in places like Germany.
>>
>>2896400
Yes, but only because it was used as a deterrent and effectively showed Stalin we were willing and able to use it. Also I remember hearing something about Truman bragging about it to Stalin's face a week or so before either ws dropped but can't find anything about it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I might be making it up in my head honestly.
>>
It was really to show the USSR who had the bigger dick
>>
>>2896613
Truman disclosed in oblique terms the existence of a "new explosive device" to Stalin at Potsdam. He didn't brag about it as much ch as he didn't want it to surprise the Russians and give them a reason to not join in on the pacific theater. However Stalin already knew about the Manhattan project at the time.
>>
>>2896400
We had to see how they worked on a real-world soft target before we could invest.
>>
>>2896597

Dresden had like 10k killed, you're being meme'd by 70 year old nazi propaganda
>>
>>2896823
Oh my bad, ONLY 10k killed.
>>
>>2896834
Compared to upwards of 90 thousand in Hiroshima and more than 40 thousand in Nagasaki it's a pretty big difference.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.