[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paganism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: wheeloftheyear.jpg (134KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
wheeloftheyear.jpg
134KB, 640x640px
I'm not religious, but I've always had a curiosity about paganism, mostly I suppose for the aesthetics. However I've had a hard time finding text on rituals and the Wiccan sabbats that isn't biased and defensive about why wicca is the best religion ever. Can anyone point me towards any non biased text on wicca, witchcraft, and paganism?
>>
>>2893850
Are you asking for texts that give a historical overview of modern neopaganism, or ancient religions? Wicca is less than a century old, and most other "neopagan" religions date back to the 19th c. at most.

Problem you're going to run into with the historical faiths is that aside from very popular types of Greco-Roman paganism, little or nothing survives on what most pre-Christian European polytheistic religions even believed, let alone what they practiced. In any case, I recommend reading into the "Affair of the Poisons" for at least some information on what "witchcraft" looked like in the 18th century.
>>
>>2893850
I hate that Wiccan shit , its everywhere here in MA because of Salem.

its for dumb women OP
>>
>>2894426
Moving to Salem for a job soon. How bad are we talking here?
>>
>>2894472
I haven't been there since they opened that Satanic temple so I wonder if the tourism picked up

dude id pretend to believe in that witch shit and you oughta get some easy pussy
>>
>>2894392
Thanks I'll check that out. I would love to read about both actually, but yeah I was running into that problem. Wicca I really like for the aesthetics, and that's mostly what's difficult to find non biased text on
>>
>>2893850
Evola's Hermetic Tradition
Mackenzie's Babylonian and Assyrian Myths
The Graeco-Roman Magical Papyri, Betz and Skinner's
Hygromanteia
Cunning man's Handbook

Just read up on each one, buy whichever you can, and you'll have a much better grasp of where the wicca aesthetic came from, and perhaps some more classical knowledge about paganism will be picked up along the way.
>>
>>2896616
I mean Graeco-Egyptian papyri, not Roman.
>>
>>2896616
>Evola's Hermetic Tradition
Hermeticism isn't neopaganism. It's a craft or theology. Same with alchemy.
>>
>>2893850
If you're interested in Slavic (and a bit of pre-Slavic) mythology, here's a big collection on it: http://sms.zrc-sazu.si/En/kazalo.html
Unfortunately, the articles are in several languages so you will probably not be able to read all of them.
>>
>>2897050
Thank you
>>
>>2896616
Great thank you
>>
>>2893850
Most of what we know of what the ancients believed comes from artifacts and archaeology, or ancient texts that may have been altered over time. Sadly nobody can ask them how it worked and anything now is just a recreation, but the truth is those religions would change often based on which god was in favor in that particular region or time. If you're going to be pagan, why not make new gods? I'll admit I don't believe it, but it's fascinating to me.
For nordic mythology we have the Prose and Poetic Eddas.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.