[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did people in the past joke about wanting to kill themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1495981803155.png (78KB, 263x278px)
1495981803155.png
78KB, 263x278px
Did people in the past joke about wanting to kill themselves as much as we do today?
>>
>>2893034
No because back then they weren't such beta cuck males and actually did it unlike you weak leftist scum
>>
>>2893039
>Back then they weren't such beta cuck males
They would lose their virginity to a prostitute and die in other people's war, sounds pretty fucking beta if you ask me.
>>
Ancient roman mosaic. It roughly translates to "The happiest man".
>>
File: benefits of being dead.jpg (63KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
benefits of being dead.jpg
63KB, 720x540px
>>2893048
Nothing changes.
>>
>>2893039
>implying there's anything more beta than killing yourself
>>
>>2893044
>actually feeling the warmth of another human being is worse than jerking off in front of a computer screen
I don't see the stigma of prostitution and wonder how it became associated with "losers." If anything it gives men the agency to not act like sex starved dogs.
>>
In many medieval poems death was seen as welcoming and liberating, often in a pessimist memento mori fashion. Life was seen as short and full of hardships while death was regarded as eternal and peaceful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubi_sunt

>Where are those who were before us,
who led hounds and bore hawks,
And owned field and wood?
The rich ladies in their chambers,
Who wore gold in their hair,
With their bright faces; ...

>What became of King Don Juan?
The Princes of Aragon,
What became of all of them?
What of so much handsome nobility?
And of all the many fads
They brought with them?
What of their jousts and tournaments,
Gilded ornaments, fancy embroideries
And feathered tops?
Was all of that meaningless waste?
Was it all anything else but a summer's green
on the fields?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timor_mortis_conturbat_me

>Sinning daily, and not repenting, the fear of death disturbs me. For there is no redemption in Hell, have mercy on me, o God, and save me.

Man of the past was much more obsessed with death than we are today.
>>
>>2893075
It's associated with """losers""" because people who use it are giving the message that they're not socially adept enough to find a mate normally.
>>
>>2893039
what's funny is people don't unironically talk like this in real life. This sort of language is classic "some time later" rageposting after some black guy passed you on the street and made a joke and you said "hahaha o-ok u tooo" and proceeded to make this post 6 hours later.

How many angry farts are people gonna make before they realize that it's jaded and boring at this point? blah blah cuck blah blah numale blah blah leftist blah blah media blah blah jews blah blah

broken record
>>
>>2893034
Yes
>>
>>2893039
>implying women didn't threaten kill themselves all the fucking time in order to guilt-trip beta cuck males

found the r/edditor
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.