[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dishonored Traitor or Hero?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 512px-Hermannsdenkmal_statue.jpg (38KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
512px-Hermannsdenkmal_statue.jpg
38KB, 512x768px
Dishonored Traitor or Hero?
>>
>>2892958
Proof that German nationalism is a vicious cancer that has been present since they lived in mud huts. You can take the German out of Germany, but you can't take the perfidious maniac out of the German.
>>
File: 2216149097_d99ddba83c_o[1].jpg (336KB, 1016x610px) Image search: [Google]
2216149097_d99ddba83c_o[1].jpg
336KB, 1016x610px
>>2892958
Depends on what you think the actual importance of Teutoburg was.
If you think its importance was overrated and held up to represent more than it actually meant by later historians, then he was just a dishonourable traitor.
If you think that the battle actually caused the end of Rome's ambitions toward Germany, then he was both a dishonourable traitor and a hero.
Pic related makes it kinda hard to take Teutoburg as any more serious an event than any other battle with 20-30k lost soldiers, of which Rome had plenty.
>>
>>2892958
Traitor obviously
>stops Roman influences into Germania meaning tech is lost during the great migration and walks fall
>is remembered by his Latin not Germanic name
>kissed Varus on the cheek before leaving
>>
>>2892968
>>2892999
>Get invaded by Romans for years
>Why aren't you letting us rape your women and steal your children reeeeee
>>
>>2893026
>unwashed barbarians resisting civilization

classic
>>
>>2892992
>Depends on what you think the actual importance of Teutoburg was.
The battle of Teutoburg Forest is unironically the reason why Rome ended. After Teutoburg, Rome never expanded beyond the Rhine which gave the Barbarian tribes a chance to invade Rome during the Great Migration era.
>>
>>2893026
>Why aren't you letting us rape your women
Its called consensual sex fritz
>steal your childrens
Its called schools
>>
File: hehe.gif (2MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.gif
2MB, 500x376px
>>2892958
FOLK SAVIOR.
>>
>>2892999
>is remembered by his Latin not Germanic name
>512px-Hermannsdenkmal_statue.jpg
???
>>
>>2892958
He was Armenian, you know?
>>
*teleports behind you*
Nothing personal, you fool>>2894723

In German that just means Monument of Arminius.
>>
>>2896472
Wtf. I did not type that before the quote
>>
File: IMG_1105.jpg (44KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1105.jpg
44KB, 250x350px
>>2892958
I'm a huge Germanicboo so I love him

The battle of Teutoburg Forest reminds me of this. The final stand of the free people of the North against the evil empire.
>>
>tfw I'm mostly of Germanic stock and descend from the world's greatest conquerors.

feels good desu
>>
>Everyone talks about Teutoburg
>No one talks about how afterwards Germanicus fucked the Germans hard in two successive campaigns
>Arminius is forced by his countrymen to fight Germanicus in awful conditions and loses hard
>Arminius isn't even killed by fucking Romans, he gets murdered by his fellow Germans
>Centuries later, Arminius is portrayed and venerated by Germans, when in fact they were his downfall
>>
>>2892958
Both
>>
File: IMG_1106.png (16KB, 217x296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1106.png
16KB, 217x296px
>>2896503
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dvwcjDrm0OY

>tfw germanic warrior spirit triumphs
>>
>>2893178
Most of the great migration era tribes were East Germanic anyway so you are acting under the assumptions that Rome would have conquered Germania without teutoburg, that they would have conquered the east Germanic tribes too, and that no other peoples would have migrated into Roman territory like the Huns who caused the east Germanic tribes to migrate in the first place.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.