[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever see a revival of Neoclassicalism? Not to be edgy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Will we ever see a revival of Neoclassicalism?

Not to be edgy, it's just so pretty.
>>
No it'd probably be another classical revival i.e. from the source itself rather than the late 18th C. movement. If anything I think there'd be a Renaissance revival.
>>
>>2892855
If there are any extremely rich nationalists/imperialists probably, as well as similar thinking strong and decent politicians.
Otherwise its just gonna be the odd american political building.
>>
>>2892855
Yes. Unfortunatly they won't be painted.
>>
You realize that Neoclassicalism was basically just Europeans and Americans LARPing as Romans, right?
>>
>>2892855
Neoclassicism is kitsch as fuck on anything that is not a government building. And even then it's questionable.
>>
File: this.gif (866KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
this.gif
866KB, 250x300px
>>2892898
>>
>>2892898
I don't know,Italy is nice all around and most of the buildings in their northern cities are basically XIX century neoclassicism.

Chancea are that the architects of your nation suck ass
>>
>>2892855
>edgy
How is it edgy to LARP as romans, and who doesn't like marble
>>
>>2892890
Im fine with that, its aesthetic as fuck
>>
>>2892855
It doesn't look that good for large scale urban projects. Brutalism is where you need to look at for that (and not boring ass glass skycrapers).
>>
>>2893062
nice b8
>>
>>2892855
Don't worry, OP. You're not alone. I love it, too. But it's likely not returning any time soon. The closest we'll probably come to it again is some sort of bastardized silicon valley-ed version that looks like a plastic toy or a cheap thin metal bubble shape shit. Tech people are tacky as fuck.
>>
>>2892855

Due to sheer construction costs and efficiency of space its unlikely just like castles or ziggurats.

I really wish there was more care for artistic expression in architecture overall though, the art deco of the early 20th century was perfect, you had motiffs and beautiful visuals put to work on modern living and working spaces. International style modernism is also not so bad when applied with a conservative mindset.
>>
It's alright I guess, but I don't feel that it is for me or my nation.

I'm perfectly happy with my baltic red brick style, thanks.
>>
>>2893062
>>
>>2892855
Copying greco-roman art/culture is for people who don't have a real culture and have to sponge off of other better cultures.
>>
>>2892987
>most of the buildings in their northern cities are basically XIX century neoclassicism.
Wrong
And their best buildings are either Roman ruins, or renaissance - Baroque cathedral and palaces anyway
>>
>neo
>classicalism
what
>>
>>2892898
>>2894088
>>2893215
these are all good posts

however I think that classicism should be revived but also take on its own modern form, in the way that the renaissance and baroque draw heavily from classical architecture but also aren't afraid to have their own identity.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.